Thinking of buying a Rubi swaybar from a junkyard + the Evo no limits

jorgelrod

Hooked
I'm getting tired of having to elbow grease the second Quick link into place after off roading, I was thinking of scouting the junk yards for a broken Rubi swaybar plus an Evo no limits.
Is this a good idea? Any cons I should be aware of? should I skip this idea?

Ddays

Hooked
I'm getting tired of having to elbow grease the second Quick link into place after off roading, I was thinking of scouting the junk yards for a broken Rubi swaybar plus an Evo no limits.

These are awesome together. Really makes life easier. No cons that I can think of. I bought a takeoff and ordered the no limits last Summer. Def worth it as long as you get a good buy on the bar. Figure $200 or so for a working unit. No idea what a non-functioning one would be.

I literally just got a Rubi takeoff sway bar yesterday and plan on doing the no limits aw swell. The one I bought, the electric motor was broken, but with no limits you remove the motor anyways. As long as the internal components work, then you should be good to go!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

boardsurfer

Easily one of my favorite mods on my Jeep. It's so easy, I almost always forget to reconnect when I pull away from a trail. The only downside being price. I'm close to $300 in for the setup - found the rubi swaybar on CL for what felt like a good price at the time. It's been about a year with it now and I can say without a doubt: Totally worth it.

mattfl

If you can find a rubi in a junkyard that hasn't already been stripped of everything you go there immediately and strip everything off of it!

Around here Rubi's don't generally make it to junk yards with anything left on them. My brother has a friend who owns one of the larger ones in this area and he basically has dibs on any rubi that a wrecker picks up to take to a junk yard.

DP1120

There are a few web sites that you can search junk yards all across the US for them and most of the time they are reasonable for what you are looking for. The main one i can think of is car-parts.com.

If sharing web address like that is not allowed please delete it.

Top Bottom