Evo Pro Series Front Bumper ??

tgoss

I'm heavily contemplating ditching the 1/4 pounder for Evo's pro series or Savvy LHT. The stinger isn't doing anything for me other than making it a chore to park in my garage.

Anyone that has the I've chopped off the crash bar from all the welds so I no longer have the inner brace where the winch cradle would bolt onto for the Evo pro series so I'm wondering if anyone has ideas what I could do to make it work. Don't mind the fab work just want it to be stout obviously.

Any input is always appreciated!

WJCO

Meme King
I would personally go to a steel shop and get a nice piece of 3/16" tubing and fit it in and weld it. That's just me.

RSQCON

I'm picking up my Savvy in a week. I prefer a clean look compared to most of the others out there but I was also looking at the Evo and Gen Right Ultra. Here a couple photos of the install I found. IMG_0121.JPG IMG_0120.JPG
IMG_0122.JPG

tgoss

I'm picking up my Savvy in a week. I prefer a clean look compared to most of the others out there but I was also looking at the Evo and Gen Right Ultra. Here a couple photos of the install I found

Yep, I really like this a lot. Super clean!

jeeeep

Hooked
only thing I don't like about simple bumpers like this, the bolts are easy to access so some asswipe could steal the bumper and winch in one swoop.

Having been hit twice by asswipes I try to make things as difficult as I can to remove. maybe some tack welds on the bolts would work...

tgoss

only thing I don't like about simple bumpers like this, the bolts are easy to access so some asswipe could steal the bumper and winch in one swoop.

Having been hit twice by asswipes I try to make things as difficult as I can to remove. maybe some tack welds on the bolts would work...

Hear you there. Good food for thought!

RSQCON

I plan on welding the winch plate in and then running a locking bolt on my winch. After that I'll probably tack weld the bolt that mount the aluminum skin.

Evil

I'm heavily contemplating ditching the 1/4 pounder for Evo's pro series or Savvy LHT. The stinger isn't doing anything for me other than making it a chore to park in my garage.

Anyone that has the I've chopped off the crash bar from all the welds so I no longer have the inner brace where the winch cradle would bolt onto for the Evo pro series so I'm wondering if anyone has ideas what I could do to make it work. Don't mind the fab work just want it to be stout obviously.

Any input is always appreciated!

T, The pro series bumper doesn't bolt on the crash bar at all. The winch plate sits in the bumper mounted with the front bolts and bolts on the sides. The skid plate has 2 bolts that you are supposed to bolt into the crash bar but are not needed. I have already ripped a bolt head off on the passenger side and rubbed the driver side bolt on a couple of boulders. Without those 2 bolts the skid is still secured being it bolts to the bottom of the bumper too.

You can kind of see what I'm talking about here. The 8 holes in the plate are what your winch bolts to. The closest to the front are also what the skid bolts to and the crash bar sits just behind the rear holes. You do have to trim about 1/4 of an inch off the crash bar horn that hangs down in order to get the skid to sit level. In your case its gone so don't even worry about it.

wnchplt.jpg

Last edited:

tgoss

T, The pro series bumper doesn't bolt on the crash bar at all. The winch plate sits in the bumper mounted with the front bolts and bolts on the sides. The skid plate has 2 bolts that you are supposed to bolt into the crash bar but are not needed. I have already ripped a bolt head off on the passenger side and rubbed the driver side bolt on a couple of boulders. Without those 2 bolts the skid is still secured being it bolts to the bottom of the bumper too.

You can kind of see what I'm talking about here. The 8 holes in the plate are what your winch bolts to. The closest to the front are also what the skid bolts to and the crash bar sits just behind the rear holes. You do have to trim about 1/4 of an inch off the crash bar horn that hangs down in order to get the skid to sit level. In your case its gone so don't even worry about it.

View attachment 245620

I was under the impression by looking through the instructions that you need to have the 2 side bolts of the winch cradle going through the top most portion of the crash bar (which I've completely removed by cutting the welds and grinding them flush) as Evo provides a spacer and a wing nut to thread into:

011-evo-mfg-jk-pro-series-front-bumper-winch-mounting-tray-lpr.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I love the look of my stinger, but god damn that savvy bumper looks so nice being so simple and small.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Have you thought about just taking the stinger off and putting the pure Jeep bull bar on the 1/4 pounder like eddie used to run on rubicat?

Here's a thread I started a long time ago

Opinions on Evo 1/4 with stinger or Pure jeep bull bar

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=29829

LOL!! I was just looking for pics to post up when I saw this. Oh well, here are a few pics of the PUREJEEP bull bar with the Quarter Pounder just in case anyone was interested.

main.php

main.php

A great setup and one I kind of miss.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
LOL!! I was just looking for pics to post up when I saw this. Oh well, here are a few pics of the PUREJEEP bull bar with the Quarter Pounder just in case anyone was interested.

main.php

main.php

A great setup and one I kind of miss.

It's still one I wish I kinda did even though I love my stinger.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's still one I wish I kinda did even though I love my stinger.

It's one I kind of regret getting rid of and kind of think about doing again someday if only to change things up. Stingers look great and all but everyone and their mother has one.

GraniteCrystal

It's one I kind of regret getting rid of and kind of think about doing again someday if only to change things up. Stingers look great and all but everyone and their mother has one.
Has the stinger actually ever come in handy on Moby or Rubicat? Situation where a bull bar wouldn't have worked

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Has the stinger actually ever come in handy on Moby or Rubicat? Situation where a bull bar wouldn't have worked

:cheesy: In spite of what all the badasses out there will try to tell you, stingers are for the most part, for LOOKS only. Well, there was this one time were we used it to carry a big bag of trash on it so there's that :crazyeyes:

GraniteCrystal

:cheesy: In spite of what all the badasses out there will try to tell you, stingers are for the most part, for LOOKS only. Well, there was this one time were we used it to carry a big bag of trash on it so there's that :crazyeyes:
Ha! OK, that's what I expected. They do look awesome.

Top Bottom