Wave from metro Detroit!

zachsch

Hey all! Just joined the forum and wanted to give a wave. Bought my first jeep two years ago, a 14 JKUR, and while it's my daily driver I've been able to take it out wheeling on several occasions to start to put her to the test. It's been absolutely fantastic, and I can't wait to build her up and take her on even more adventures!

All I've done so far is a cb install, fire extinguisher on roll bar (front passenger side), and gathered enough recovery gear to start feeling comfortable hitting the trails.

Next up is just a 2.5" bb for the time being, then once I get some more mods completed over the next few years, like HD bumpers, winch, etc, reevaluate my lift needs and go from there!

Looking forward to meeting y'all!

zachsch

Welcome, I'm in Windsor just a skip away, there's some great clubs in South East Michigan and some good spots to wheel in these parts

Sent from my XP7700 using WAYALIFE mobile app
Where do you like to go? I only know about Bundy and Mounds parks around here, and I've heard of some decent stuff in the grayling/west branch areas. I know there are loads of good DNR trails around, but it seems like the vast majority are limited to bikes and quads... 😢 My favorite trip has been Drummond Island in the UP. I love that trail system, it's just so dang far away you've really gotta make it a 2 nighter for it to be worth it.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Where do you like to go? I only know about Bundy and Mounds parks around here, and I've heard of some decent stuff in the grayling/west branch areas. I know there are loads of good DNR trails around, but it seems like the vast majority are limited to bikes and quads... 😢 My favorite trip has been Drummond Island in the UP. I love that trail system, it's just so dang far away you've really gotta make it a 2 nighter for it to be worth it.
Rocks and valleys in Harrison is another great park. St Helen's has a lot of DNR trails for sure.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

zachsch

Welcome from the other side of the state!

Thanks! How's the wheeling over that way? Only place I know of is silver lake, and from what I hear that's if you don't mind sand in the bottomless pit of every crack and seam in your rig haha

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
Thanks! How's the wheeling over that way? Only place I know of is silver lake, and from what I hear that's if you don't mind sand in the bottomless pit of every crack and seam in your rig haha

Yep that's pretty much it besides the Badlands in Indiana.

slipperypete

I like bundy, rocks and valleys, Drummond, I went to rausch Creek it's about 6 hrs, and I'm heading to badlands April 8th

zachsch

I like bundy, rocks and valleys, Drummond, I went to rausch Creek it's about 6 hrs, and I'm heading to badlands April 8th

Ya I suppose both badlands and Rausch Creek are similar distances as Drummond, give or take. I've heard of both but never really thought about it like that. Don't think either could compete in my mind with Drummond for a fun weekend away camping "up north" haha, but they would be really fun to check out sometime to mix things up

Top Bottom