Death Wobble

SkylerMitchell

I'd have someone get inside and turn the wheel 10-2 back and fourth. Then you can get underneath and identify the real problem. Replacing the stabilizer will only mask the problem temporarily. Check your ends on your tie rod and drag link for any up and down play. Rotational is fine. Check your track bar for side to side play. I'd also check your control arms for any play. You can also lift each tire slightly and put a shovel underneath and check the ball joints for up and down play by using the shovel as a lever to lift the tire. I only speak from personal experience. I was experiencing death wobble very bad a few weeks ago and have pretty much replaced all the linkage since then. I'm currently not even running a stabilizer, only because I'm waiting for the order to arrive. But even without it feels very solid up front.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
At 109,665 miles my started with it. Replace the steering damper and so far took care of it.

It fixed my jeep

replacing the steering damper didn't really fix it, it just masked the issue, it'll be back once the steering damper breaks in a bit.

check all the components as mentioned, but at 109k miles chances are your lower ball joints are shot

Top Bottom