SPY SHOTS : JL Wrangler Back-Up Camera

boardsurfer

I wonder what that big flap is covering on the B pillar. Must be the hinges since the front ones are deliberately covered too.

longarmwj

Really doesn't look much different then the JK in my opinion. That could be a good or a bad thing :thinking:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Really doesn't look much different then the JK in my opinion. That could be a good or a bad thing :thinking:

Agreed. In so many ways, the JL seems like a lateral move and one that will utilize a lot of the same part numbers as the JK. Kinda like the YJ was to the CJ. To me, this is disappointing but I'm sure for the aftermarket industry, it'll be a good thing.

longarmwj

Agreed. In so many ways, the JL seems like a lateral move and one that will utilize a lot of the same part numbers as the JK. Kinda like the YJ was to the CJ. To me, this is disappointing but I'm sure for the aftermarket industry, it'll be a good thing.

Makes you wonder if the current lifts on the market will be a direct bolt up. I'm curious to see how the aftermarket handles the new back up camera.

sparks

Looks like "oh shit" handles are integrated into the pillar
Don't know if that was mentioned before.. but makes me wonder about the top/door removal situation.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WW_Svi

First pic shows a rain gutter going beyond the rear doors on the top, and zoomed in I don't see any line between the top and the tub. Looks to me like that camo JL does not have a full removable top. Maybe it has removable panels on top. :thinking:

I think the rain gutter points directly to having removable panels. The jk only has rain gutters above the doors where the top removes. I'm still thinking the panels will be a bit bigger than some of the renderings seen that look like the mysky. There would be no reason for rain gutters if it was a mysky panel as those rain channels would be built into the roof then. Personally I think the roof will open up and the sound bar area will be a modern structure but the sides will likely be part of the body for extra strength. There could also be some structure under the roof for support and sealing.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom