Putting 2016 HardRock springs and shocks on 2010 sport.

thechrisjones

If I put springs and shocks from a 2016 Rubicon HardRock on a 2010 sport how much height difference will there be the front and the rear? Everything on the 2010 is factory... no winch or bumpers

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm

Is it a 4dr springs to 2dr? You'll see a very slight lift but you'll find your ride quality to be slightly more rough(in my opinion). I swapped over a set of Rubi 4 door springs to a 4dr Sport and the lift it provided was very minimum.. As in less than half an inch.

In my opinion, for the work it takes to swap shocks and springs I'd spend some money and get something a little more decent like the new Rancho kits or an EVO Leveling kit. Just food for thought!

thechrisjones

Is it a 4dr springs to 2dr? You'll see a very slight lift but you'll find your ride quality to be slightly more rough(in my opinion). I swapped over a set of Rubi 4 door springs to a 4dr Sport and the lift it provided was very minimum.. As in less than half an inch.

In my opinion, for the work it takes to swap shocks and springs I'd spend some money and get something a little more decent like the new Rancho kits or an EVO Leveling kit. Just food for thought!

Shocks and springs are coming off a 2016 4 door and going on a 2010 2 door.

Wheatbackdigger

No such thing as "hard rock" springs. Same springs that go on a Rubicon are also put in other trim levels. Shocks are a different story. As for the springs, you'll need to check the tags

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
As mentioned, there are no such things as HardRock or Rubicon springs. 4 door Jeeps have stiffer coils, due to the extra weight of the vehicle. The numbers on the coil tags will give you some idea if you will get a little lift. I swapped from 14 front & 56 rear on my old 2 door, 17/59 or 18/59 (I can't remember), and got a little taller, not much. That height came with a cost. It rode like a dump truck. If I were you, I'd sell those things and buy a leveling kit, either spacers or a coil kit like this...

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...-system-with-progressive-coils-front-and-rear!

thechrisjones

I was simply asking if I put springs and shocks from a 2016 Rubicon HardRock on a 2010 Sport how much height difference would there be if any..... clearly there are some differences between the different models of Jeep's so that is why a specified the model it would be coming from. Thanks for those that understood my question. I'm going to go with the EVO level kit. Thanks

Napalm

I was simply asking if I put springs and shocks from a 2016 Rubicon HardRock on a 2010 Sport how much height difference would there be if any..... clearly there are some differences between the different models of Jeep's so that is why a specified the model it would be coming from. Thanks for those that understood my question. I'm going to go with the EVO level kit. Thanks

You'll be pleased with the results. I am very happy with mine!

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I understood, and you'll be glad you're going the route you are. I've done both. You should buy the EVO 2" coils separately, and buy about 1.75" spacers for the rear. You are going to sit 3 to 3.5" taller in front, with the EVO coils.

ScoobyCarolanNC

4 door to 2 door you'll get a bump. I read on an older thread that you could fit 33s, but I'm not sure. I just swapped a 2016 rubicon kit to my 2010 Sahara (both 4 door) & I love it. Front springs were the same part number, rears were different. I'm much more level now.

Top Bottom