Used ATX Slabs

Wolfpack14

I am looking at purchasing some used ATX slabs I found locally on craigslist and was wondering if there were specific things I should be looking at? I have noticed in the pictures that a couple of the ring bolts have a little bit of rust on them but the rest of the wheel/ring looks fine. They are priced significantly cheaper than a new set so I am considering them.

Any advice/input would be much appreciated.

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
I am looking at purchasing some used ATX slabs I found locally on craigslist and was wondering if there were specific things I should be looking at? I have noticed in the pictures that a couple of the ring bolts have a little bit of rust on them but the rest of the wheel/ring looks fine. They are priced significantly cheaper than a new set so I am considering them.

Worse case scenario just buy new bolts and inserts. Inserts sometimes back out.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug

Worse case scenario just buy new bolts and inserts. Inserts sometimes back out.

Look for any large cuts or dings, especially around where the tire sits.

I agree, i wouldnt be scared to buy them used. Dont worry about the ring, they get beat up, as long as the rim itself is in good shape. If you end up getting them, and have a few rusty bolts or thread inserts, shoot me a pm as i have a full set of bolts and inserts. Ill send you out a few if you need them

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

I agree, i wouldnt be scared to buy them used. Dont worry about the ring, they get beat up, as long as the rim itself is in good shape. If you end up getting them, and have a few rusty bolts or thread inserts, shoot me a pm as i have a full set of bolts and inserts. Ill send you out a few if you need them

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Can you text me where you got them? I may change mine out when my wheels arrive

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom