Project-JK Moss Wash Jeep Trail : Hualapai Mountains, AZ

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Located up in the Hualapai Mountains just southeast of Kingman, Arizona, Moss Wash is a difficult rated Jeep trail that has big rocks you can play on, tall ledges and water falls that you can climb and, a long series of narrow shelf roads that you will have to traverse. With elevations reaching over 7,000 feet above sea level, you can even find yourself doing some challenging snow wheeling if you run this trail in the middle of winter like we did. Of course, what I love most about this trail is that you get to visit the old poured in place, concrete constructed, Gold King Mansion which was built back in 1929. Built to entertain wealthy investors and to house the mine foreman, this impressive structure was made to stand the test of time even though the mine itself was only able to stay in operation for the better part of a year. In this short video, you will get to see the adventures we had on the Moss Wash Jeep Trail back in February of 2010. I hope you enjoy it.

zzekeman

What an awesome video....Being a newbie to this, Id definitely have to work up to something like this. What I need to do is find someone to look at what Ive done so far on the JK, and advise me if its correct and what I need to do to make it trail ready. Id definitely like to start with some basic off roading 101 at some local areas....very cool....

Attachments

• Jeep 2014-small.jpg
    Jeep 2014-small.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 4

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What an awesome video....Being a newbie to this, Id definitely have to work up to something like this. What I need to do is find someone to look at what Ive done so far on the JK, and advise me if its correct and what I need to do to make it trail ready. Id definitely like to start with some basic off roading 101 at some local areas....very cool....

looking at your build, you've got what it would take to do a trail like this with ease. your dana 30 front axle is the only thing that would make me concerned especially being that you're running 37's but, it doesn't look like you've got lockers and so, you'd most likely be fine. so you know, we'll be planning more trips like this soon and, you should join us :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just added this to Vimeo!! You should now be able to watch it on your iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device :cool:

Top Bottom