WAYALIFE EXCLUSIVE : Carrichs iPad Mini Dash Mount Special Pricing!

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug

GraniteCrystal

Came up with a brand new use for this thing. Don't think I've seen anyone else do this. I'm not doing it yet since my kids are all rear facing but I will in the future I'm sure.

Drill two small holes, large enough for some paracord on each pointy part along the bottom of the mount:
IMG_20170323_081710.jpg

Then mount it upside down, running the paracord around the headrest mounts. By going upside down, it gives a nice viewing angle:
IMG_20170323_081732.jpg

coolarmybrat

Eddie, will the company make something for Android compatible devices? I am a techie person and I tend to hold on to Android; but I do have an iPad for this great addition. Thank you again for getting this great deal for everyone in this forum!

Sent from my SM-N900T using WAYALIFE mobile app

Came up with a brand new use for this thing. Don't think I've seen anyone else do this. I'm not doing it yet since my kids are all rear facing but I will in the future I'm sure.

Drill two small holes, large enough for some paracord on each pointy part along the bottom of the mount:
View attachment 249691

Then mount it upside down, running the paracord around the headrest mounts. By going upside down, it gives a nice viewing angle:
View attachment 249692

Inventive! Another reason why I frequent this forum [emoji1474]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RedRum

Hmm time is running out I might have to pull the trigger on this deal, I'm just hesitant because I don't have an iPad mini lol I bought a phone folder that I'm happy with for my iPhone but this setup just looks really clean !

Tanktitan

IMG_2306.jpg

I cannot get the USB port on my 430N to charge my iPad. I bought a 4" up angle connector and thought I had a good solution to keeping it charged. The port will charge an iPhone. The iPad is a mini 2. Any thoughts?

GraniteCrystal

View attachment 250155

I cannot get the USB port on my 430N to charge my iPad. I bought a 4" up angle connector and thought I had a good solution to keeping it charged. The port will charge an iPhone. The iPad is a mini 2. Any thoughts?

You sure it charges your iPhone? I thought that port was data transfer only.

My plan is to run a cord behind the dash to the cigarette lighter and then plug that hole.

Tanktitan

You sure it charges your iPhone? I thought that port was data transfer only.

My plan is to run a cord behind the dash to the cigarette lighter and then plug that hole.

As to the iPhone, well it shows the lighting bolt as if it is charging. Same for the USB in my armrest.

You may have the right solution, connecting to the cigarette lighter behind the dash. I looked at this when I had the dash off.

Here is my problem - is there a polarity issue? I would think there is. I want to split the USB charger and power both the iPad and a Garmin VIRB camera. I don't want to fry them.

GraniteCrystal

As to the iPhone, well it shows the lighting bolt as if it is charging. Same for the USB in my armrest.

You may have the right solution, connecting to the cigarette lighter behind the dash. I looked at this when I had the dash off.

Here is my problem - is there a polarity issue? I would think there is. I want to split the USB charger and power both the iPad and a Garmin VIRB camera. I don't want to fry them.

Does the VIRB camera charge off the USB? If so, I'd power that there and iPad off cig lighter. I wouldn't split and try to charge both. I think it'd either be really slow charging or you'll blow a fuse.

Probably sound like an idiot but here I go. What version iPhone? The old ones would charge off any outlet/cable. Newer ones (including iPad 2, need lightning approved cables and outlets

Tanktitan

Does the VIRB camera charge off the USB? If so, I'd power that there and iPad off cig lighter. I wouldn't split and try to charge both. I think it'd either be really slow charging or you'll blow a fuse.

The VIRB will charge off a Mac USB which I believe puts out 5 volts at 0.5A. So it may work but will do more checking first.

However I have now found that the iPad requires 5.1 volts and 2.1A. The iPhone needs 5 volts at 1.0A.

Clearly the 430N is not putting out 2.1 amps. I found one source saying it is 0.5A.

Walmart sells a 4 way cigarette adaptor by BESTEK that has all these ports. Picture below:

IMG_2307.jpg

Ace67

hey. I try to connect my galaxy S2 in bluetooth to my 430N.
It works without problems.
What annoys me more is the 430N asks me each time I start the jeep to choose the source and I have to change manually by choosing the S2 on the screen.
It annoys me because I would like to keep the dash in place and no longer need to access the 430N at all(hate this crap)
Do you have an idea of how to automate this? Is there a way ?
thanx

Top Bottom