What is best lift kit for daily driver with 35s and will take the rocks once a month?

I have been running the Evo Leveling for the past few months and I thinks it's great. I still have the stock wheels and tires but will be buying 35s shortly.. Napalm thread sold me on it to run 35s. I did install fox shocks to get a little better off-road performance. Manly when the sway bar is disconnected keeping it from swaying back and forth. . IMG_1716.jpg IMG_1778.jpg IMG_1783.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm

I have been running the Evo Leveling for the past few months and I thinks it's great. I still have the stock wheels and tires but will be buying 35s shortly.. Napalm thread sold me on it to run 35s. I did install fox shocks to get a little better off-road performance. Manly when the sway bar is disconnected keeping it from swaying back and forth. . View attachment 247401 View attachment 247403 View attachment 247404

Glad to hear my thread helped! All of my non sense is good for something I guess! Haha! :)

Love those half doors!!

scrota76

So I know people will have a lot of thoughts on this, but I am trying to decide what lift to put on the JK. I have had a JK in the past and put Rough Country with 35s. Big mistake.

I want to do it right this time where driving down the interstate is nice as well as going Offroad.

What do you suggest? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
Depending on your budget....I have the AEV 3.5 RS lift, when i drive to work in the jeep its 205 miles round trip. I get around 17MPG on 35's with 3.73 gears averaging about 68 to 70 MPH. My wife loves the way the jeep rides on the highway. It doesnt float, and it doesn't jar you around. It also handles curves at highway speed without having to slow down because of drift.

Offroad, yeah it's not an EVO coil over, but it works just fine. I put manual sway bar disconnects on which made a difference offroad. I am very happy with the performance of my lift, and have no future plans to upgrade my suspension.

If you go to YouTube and search the wayalife run to Last Chance Canyon and Goler Gulch, minus the V-notch, you will get an idea of what offroading i do on a regular basis. Happy shopping.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
That's an interesting comment. Piqued my interest. What do folks define as a 'light' rig? Right now I'm definitely light. Stock Rubicon around 4,500 lbs plus a bit of armor and small accessories. I think Eddie commented his was around 9K once. He'll define the 'heavy' end :).

Thoughts?

I wouldn't say my rig is even all that heavy. I have the terraflex 2.5 inch coil spring lift, run 35s with factory fender flares in tact. I have the EVO 1/4 pounder with a Warn 12k Powerplant up front and the EVO rear fascia with their D-ring mounts. I have the spare on the factory mount currently. I also have the cheaper Tuffy security deck in the back and carry all my tools and recovery gear at all times. The terraflex coils are noticeably stiffer than stock, yet I have bottomed out the rear when offroad and rubbed the flares when stuffed. I don't see how guys run 35s on only a leveling kit, even with trimmed fender flares or flat fender flares. Since I want 37s I plan on the 4 inch enforcer kit. Just reading around you can do 37s on the 3 inch kit and flat fenders but if your heavier you will want the 4 inch. If I were sticking with 35s I would definitely just do their 3 inch and be done with lifts/suspensions. The only other thing I would maybe do would be to eventually run the bolt on coil overs and long arms. At 3 inches the long arms aren't needed though. But for everything I do, I'm sure a set of their coil springs would do me. The coil overs would just be a want. The coil overs would also let you play with spring rates so you could better dial in your suspension.

Erockhopper

I am running the EVO enforcer 3 with 35s and use it as my daily driver, but also take it on the rocks. You will find a l lot of members on here running that lift for good reason. You can part it out and build it as you would like. I am running the King shocks, but a lot run the ranchos if you aren't looking to spend a lot of money on shocks. I think you will find this kit will get you exactly what you are looking for, and on top of that EVO is a great company to work with!

DGUTS

I know I'm a little late to the party (and this is my first WAYALIFE post - so you can take it with a grain of salt from a new guy) - but I was in a similar predicament.

I took my '09 JKUR to Moab last year for the EJS. Stock suspension. 33" Duratracs on stock wheels. We did Fins & Things, Hells Revenge, and Sevenmile Rim. No problems.

We decided in the fall that we were going to head back this spring. In preparation, I decided I wanted to upgrade to 35" tires and re-gear. I didn't want to lift it any more than I needed to.

I researched a buttload. I talked to a local Jeep/offroad mechanic. He agreed that I could fit 35s with a leveling kit, but my flex might be limited out on the trails. Even though I'm only on the trails 10-15 days a year, and it's a daily driver the rest of the time, the ability to flex while climbing is important to me.

I already trimmed my factory fender flares. I went with a 2.5" Rubicon Express lift with mono tube shocks ($700). My wheels (Level 8 Trackers) were $115 each, and my tires (35" MT ATZ P3s) were $275 a piece. I re-geared from 4.10 to 4.88, and had my front axle trussed. I also put new diff covers on and added an oil pan skid plate.

Later this spring, I'll know how it handles the trails. In the meantime, it's continued to be perfect for daily driving.

IMG_5079.jpg

Last edited:

onbelay

I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but if you're replacing your control arms, you might want to look into something that uses 2.5" Johnny Joints (designed by the late Johnny Currie). Better articulation than clevite bushings, and you can replace/rebuild them in 10 minutes ... no chisels, press, etc., required.

cayers71

Depending on your budget....I have the AEV 3.5 RS lift, when i drive to work in the jeep its 205 miles round trip. I get around 17MPG on 35's with 3.73 gears averaging about 68 to 70 MPH. My wife loves the way the jeep rides on the highway. It doesnt float, and it doesn't jar you around. It also handles curves at highway speed without having to slow down because of drift.

Offroad, yeah it's not an EVO coil over, but it works just fine. I put manual sway bar disconnects on which made a difference offroad. I am very happy with the performance of my lift, and have no future plans to upgrade my suspension.

If you go to YouTube and search the wayalife run to Last Chance Canyon and Goler Gulch, minus the V-notch, you will get an idea of what offroading i do on a regular basis. Happy shopping.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

∆∆This. I'm running the AEV 3.5" SC lift with high steer and geo correction and am very happy with it. Everything AEV states on their website regarding the SC lift and related add-ons is true. I had a complete alignment measurement done after I put the lift on and all of the numbers were within factory specs.

I don't think the AEV lifts flex as good as the Metalcloak and some other lifts, but on-road handling is better than stock IMO, and the off-road performance (with quick discos) is very good. I should see some better flex after I add the Metalcloak control arms sitting in my garage. I only regret not getting the 4.5" springs. :cool:

TFD

I've been running the enforcer 3" with 35s for almost 2 yrs now with no regrets. I did have the EVO leveling kit for a little while when I had stock tires and thought it was great for the price.

PHX JK

Just Ordered a 4in Enforcer

Doing the 4in Enforcer with the Rancho 9000 shocks
Ordered the Currie Steering with the flipped draglink
Also ordered the Synergy Weld On Front Track Bar Relocator (I like the One Piece Design) and Synergy C Gussets
Also the Spidertax 1.5 Spacers have been ordered.
Gonna Run the Stock Fenders once the welding is done and I've Installed the lift and aligned it Then I will get the 35's
I'm Super Excited
PHX

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
i went with the 2" mopar , should have gone with the 4 " and plan to upgrade to it sooner or later ... have 35 's does rub some but rides good on the highway ... most i can say is jump in a few different rigs with different setups see which ones you like dont like and go from there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom