Evo Rock Skins with GR tire carrier?

SkylerMitchell

I'm interested to see if anyone is running this combination. I know for sure I will most likely purchase the evo rock skins over other corner armors because of the location of the tail light being centered, rather than a bit wider offset and positioned higher, like the poison spyder crusher corners. I see most members on here running both evo skins and carrier. As I do like the evo carrier design, the only thing I don't care for is the full body width. The GR tire carrier is just wider than the tailgate, but it uses a mounting plate where it latches. My concern is the width of the plate interfering with the position of the tail light.

If anyone has any input on this topic it would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

I'm interested to see if anyone is running this combination. I know for sure I will most likely purchase the evo rock skins over other corner armors because of the location of the tail light being centered, rather than a bit wider offset and positioned higher, like the poison spyder crusher corners. I see most members on here running both evo skins and carrier. As I do like the evo carrier design, the only thing I don't care for is the full body width. The GR tire carrier is just wider than the tailgate, but it uses a mounting plate where it latches. My concern is the width of the plate interfering with the position of the tail light.

If anyone has any input on this topic it would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance [emoji1303]

Unfortunately I don't have a photo to show you the setup; but figured I'd give you a heads up that our local shop has seen a lot of corner damage with this carrier. Even with corner Armor, it sits too close to the seam of the tailgate and will punch it in if you hit anything.

SkylerMitchell

Unfortunately I don't have a photo to show you the setup; but figured I'd give you a heads up that our local shop has seen a lot of corner damage with this carrier. Even with corner Armor, it sits too close to the seam of the tailgate and will punch it in if you hit anything.

That makes sense as to why Evo has theirs mounted where they do. Thanks for the info that definitely put a factor into the mix.

Top Bottom