Speakers

Zach_in_Black

Does anyone have any tips/experience on installing subwoofers in your jeep as far as what kind of power sounds decent or where to put them? Keep in mind I am a stereo nut and had dual 12" cerwin vega in my grand prix. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Kalums

Sounds in a Jeep are different than in a regular car/vehicle because they a generally sans top. If you are a true audiophile this will be the bane of your existence while you own your Jeep. However you can decently upgrade your speakers and head unit and make it better but it will never be concert hall amazing. If you just want some thump... Than pretty much any loaded box can do that for you, I've seen guys mount them under the seats (front or back). I've seen them mounted on the back of the second row or nicely tucked into the storage cubby (although this last option to me seemed self defeatist). I can say having ridden in a JKU with twin 10s under the second row that seemed to be a good place for them provided you don't want to set the seat down.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using WAYALIFE mobile app

ADA OZ

Not to detract from subs but....are the Kicker 6.5s the way to go for the stock replacement? Found a suggestion for the top speakers of 2017 and it listed Pyle and Alpine and even Pioneer but not Kicker. Also the poly fill trick actually work? All four spots or just the rear?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Not sure if it's what your looking for, but have you seen the thunderform boxes? The go over your whee wells in the cargo area. As mentioned before, sound in a Wrangler is very different than a normal car, but you can still get decent sound. Me, I just want it loud enough I can understand the words to a sound while I'm topless on the freeway lol.

Zach_in_Black

Not to detract from subs but....are the Kicker 6.5s the way to go for the stock replacement? Found a suggestion for the top speakers of 2017 and it listed Pyle and Alpine and even Pioneer but not Kicker. Also the poly fill trick actually work? All four spots or just the rear?

I put all Pioneer in the car that I had before, in my opinion they are leagues better than kicker. I've had both and Pioneer just seems to handle wide ranges better.

Zach_in_Black

Not sure if it's what your looking for, but have you seen the thunderform boxes? The go over your whee wells in the cargo area. As mentioned before, sound in a Wrangler is very different than a normal car, but you can still get decent sound. Me, I just want it loud enough I can understand the words to a sound while I'm topless on the freeway lol.

Thanks for the info, I'd like some of those but I'm not sure about the desired thump that I want

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I have pioneer head unit, a 5ch500w amp mounted under seat. I also replaced all the speakers with alpine component speakers and ran all new speaker wire. For the sub I run a 10' I had laying around in the garage for now, but I want a get a quality 8" sub to fit in the factory enclosure.

No need for poly fill in the soundbar especially with the component speakers, which are much better then 2 or 3-way speakers and are same price. (Don't buy speakers cuz they look pretty)
I only dyno matted and polyfilled the factory sub enclosure and that did help a lot with vibration and sound for the subwoofer.

I had this in there for a while, it sounded good but didn't last very long. Everything was correct as far as all the specs go.
IMG_4063.jpg
It was wired this way.
IMG_4064.jpg
Crutchfield took it back for a full refund with no questions asked.

I wan to get this JL sub now, which I heard great thing about
IMG_4065.jpg

It's a Jeep you will never get the sound quality you would have in a regular car. And I personally don't want to drive around with a big sub in the trunk once again because it's a JEEP. Also once you take the top and doors off all the base escapes anyway, cuz all pressure escapes.

Also cool trick for fitting aftermarket tweeters in your factory front housing. Toothpicks and hot glue lol.
IMG_3396.jpg IMG_3397.jpg

I added rear teeters on the sound bar also, just had to drill couple holes in it, tweeters will come with everything you need to mount them in a sound bar and there is plenty of room for them.

You want to have good sounds, get a 5ch amp, stay away from 2 and 3-way speakers cuz they are crap. Run all new wiring. Get quality head unit that uses RCA's to connect to your amplifier. Also if you want to keep your steering wheel controls get Maestro module, which also taps in to obdII and allows you bring up gauges for trans temp, intake temp, boots, vacuum etc.... it even will scan for check engine light and show you the codes all from the head unit.

That is how I have mine set up and I love it. Even with the top and doors off, it's still loud and clear!

.....…...............................................................
MY BUILT/REBUILD: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?44123-Rebuilt-of-a-Billet-Silver-mall-crawler&p=859931#post859931

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
I have pioneer head unit, a 5ch500w amp mounted under seat. I also replaced all the speakers with alpine component speakers and ran all new speaker wire. For the sub I run a 10' I had laying around in the garage for now, but I want a get a quality 8" sub to fit in the factory enclosure.

No need for poly fill in the soundbar especially with the component speakers, which are much better then 2 or 3-way speakers and are same price. (Don't buy speakers cuz they look pretty)
I only dyno matted and polyfilled the factory sub enclosure and that did help a lot with vibration and sound for the subwoofer.

I had this in there for a while, it sounded good but didn't last very long. Everything was correct as far as all the specs go.
View attachment 247610
It was wired this way.
View attachment 247611
Crutchfield took it back for a full refund with no questions asked.

I wan to get this JL sub now, which I heard great thing about
View attachment 247612

It's a Jeep you will never get the sound quality you would have in a regular car. And I personally don't want to drive around with a big sub in the trunk once again because it's a JEEP. Also once you take the top and doors off all the base escapes anyway, cuz all pressure escapes.

Also cool trick for fitting aftermarket tweeters in your factory front housing. Toothpicks and hot glue lol.
View attachment 247618 View attachment 247620

I added rear teeters on the sound bar also, just had to drill couple holes in it, tweeters will come with everything you need to mount them in a sound bar and there is plenty of room for them.

You want to have good sounds, get a 5ch amp, stay away from 2 and 3-way speakers cuz they are crap. Run all new wiring. Get quality head unit that uses RCA's to connect to your amplifier. Also if you want to keep your steering wheel controls get Maestro module, which also taps in to obdII and allows you bring up gauges for trans temp, intake temp, boots, vacuum etc.... it even will scan for check engine light and show you the codes all from the head unit.

That is how I have mine set up and I love it. Even with the top and doors off, it's still loud and clear!

MY BUILT/REBUILD: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?44123-Rebuilt-of-a-Billet-Silver-mall-crawler&p=859931#post859931

Good info. For the record, VeruGe's system sounds really good. Take that for what it is, because I know everyone's perception of what a good sound system sounds like differs.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Good info. For the record, VeruGe's system sounds really good. Take that for what it is, because I know everyone's perception of what a good sound system sounds like differs.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yup... the right way is the 5ch amplifier,
Not just some crazy 1 or 2ch amp that only pushes the subwoofer.
If all of the speakers are running though the amplifier you get much better sound.
Not just boom boom boom that muffles all the mids and highs

Thanks bud,

Top Bottom