VIDEO : CALAMITY JANE - A Calamity No More / Our Jeep CJ5 Renegade Completed [Part 7]

LARSONEM

Clamity Jane restoration

Great documentary. I've enjoyed following your work on every episode. I remember looking at CJ's back in the mid 1970's and wanting one so badly, but it just didn't fit into my transportation needs at the time. Finally in 2007 I finally bought my first Jeep; a 1997 TJ. After playing with that a few years, I bought my retirement gift to myself in 2015; a 2012 JK Rubicon with only 6,800 miles on it. Amazing how the Jeep has evolved over the years. Can't wait for summer to get mine back out to do some wheeling.

GraniteCrystal

Awesome job Eddie and Cindy. Classy restoration and the results are amazing. Thanks so much for taking the extra time to document it all.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Finally got a chance to check out the video. She came out great. Can't get over how great that color looks. Overall incredible job. How you threw it all back together and didn't seem to ding the fresh paint I'll never know lol. And the drive back in the snow was hilarious.

huck271

Really love the series. Very informative and great attention to detail. Curious do you have a breakdown on the cost for the effort? I know time is the great unknown, but if someone wanted to do what you did what would they be looking at?

Something like
Jeep $X
Parts $X
Paint Job $X

Thanks,
Huck

bthomas

Just got a chance to watch. Very nice work all the way around. Jane looks great, and the videos were very well done.

Rubi_the_jeep

Awesome job. That jeep is beautiful!!

Thank you for all of the videos that you and Cindy put out!! Keep up the hard work!

WAYALIFE 🌅

whitey66

It took a lot more work than I think Cindy and I had ever imagined but taking a calamity of a Jeep that was all Jane and breathing new life into her old iron was without question, one of the most exciting and fun things we’ve ever done. In this final episode, you’ll get to see us bring her home from paint, install the final pieces to her puzzle and show you what she looks like when all was said and done. We hope you enjoy our presentation. :cool:

Filmed & Edited by Cindy Oh
Written & Hosted by Eddie Oh

Parts Purchased from: 4Wheel Drive Hardware, Amazon, Barney’s Jeep, CES Offroad, Crown Automotive, eBay, PartsDude4x4, Quadratec, Summit Racing, Walck’s 4 Wheel Drive, WiringProducts.
Finishing Services by: Alltizer Powdercoating & Battleborn Auto Body

Special Thanks to Omix-Ada for all their help and for their commitment to manufacture and sell, authentic Mopar Restoration Products. It would have been a lot harder to make this project possible without them.
SWEET!!!! Beautiful job , Keep it going..

longarmwj

Absolutely awesome series and great results. You truly have some beautiful country to drive Jane through too :thumb:

HoosierWolf

Looks great! You guys did a terrific job. I'm a little sad the project is over though. I really enjoyed the Calamity Jane video series. Will there be one with her wheeling or overlanding/exploring as soon as the weather gets warmer?

GraniteCrystal

Just finished watching the entire series all over again. A few questions:

1) how did you decide to leave the windshield frame black and not paint it blue to match? Just preference?

2) what were the power tools you used the most for the job? If I do a restoration, plan on spending a few hundred on some new tools to make it easier

3) did you consider doing a frame off restoration? What stopped you from taking the body off? Did you do anything to help the frame out?

Huge thanks for documenting it all. So valuable to me as I consider doing similar to a Scrambler or CJ7. Great job Eddie and Cindy!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
1) how did you decide to leave the windshield frame black and not paint it blue to match? Just preference?

That's how intermediate Renegade model CJ-5's came back then.

2) what were the power tools you used the most for the job? If I do a restoration, plan on spending a few hundred on some new tools to make it easier

If you're gonna strip the paint off your Jeep like we did, you're gonna want a good dual action orbital sander. If you plan on patching up and fixing holes, you're gonna want a good welder. The more tools you have, the more options you have to work on things.

3) did you consider doing a frame off restoration? What stopped you from taking the body off? Did you do anything to help the frame out?

We were never planning on doing a full restoration, just make her look "better". This project became a slippery slope and the more we worked on her, the more we wanted to do a good job. I did give the frame a good look and it wasn't in need of any more help than it already got from the previous owner.

GraniteCrystal

That's how intermediate Renegade model CJ-5's came back then.

If you're gonna strip the paint off your Jeep like we did, you're gonna want a good dual action orbital sander. If you plan on patching up and fixing holes, you're gonna want a good welder. The more tools you have, the more options you have to work on things.

We were never planning on doing a full restoration, just make her look "better". This project became a slippery slope and the more we worked on her, the more we wanted to do a good job. I did give the frame a good look and it wasn't in need of any more help than it already got from the previous owner.
👍thanks Eddie!

Top Bottom