Led pod for back up light recommendations

Apdski

Just posted this to a different thread, but it's relevant here as well. Also did rigid ignite pods but mounted them to GoPro swivel dentent mounts. Can rotate them around as work/scene lights if need be. Found the pair in Amazon at one time for around 80? Solid lights and super bright. IMG_4788.JPG

I don't mean to hijack this thread but I have the rigid industries set up and it came with the three style switch (on, off, and on when in reverse). I have a switchpros setup and I was wondering if there was a way to do the same thing through the switch pros? Has anyone done this?

Frydaddy

I don't mean to hijack this thread but I have the rigid industries set up and it came with the three style switch (on, off, and on when in reverse). I have a switchpros setup and I was wondering if there was a way to do the same thing through the switch pros? Has anyone done this?

Not directly, but you could rig it a few ways to get a desired result.

reverse/on switch - wire a channel into a relay 85, 86 to ground, 30 to light, 87a to reverse signal, 87 to power. note: this puts a load on the reverse line

reverse/on alternate - wire a channel into a relay 85, add the reverse signal via diode to the same 85, 86 to ground, 30 to light, 87 to power

reverse/off/on needs two channels - one channel straight to the light, next channel, to a relay 87, 85 to reverse, 86 to ground, 30 to light.

Not directly, but you could rig it a few ways to get a desired result.

reverse/on switch - wire a channel into a relay 85, 86 to ground, 30 to light, 87a to reverse signal, 87 to power. note: this puts a load on the reverse line

reverse/on alternate - wire a channel into a relay 85, add the reverse signal via diode to the same 85, 86 to ground, 30 to light, 87 to power

reverse/off/on needs two channels - one channel straight to the light, next channel, to a relay 87, 85 to reverse, 86 to ground, 30 to light.

Thanks! I'm no electrician so this kind of stuff gets me a little confused... I may just try to find a discrete location for the switch it came with

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Frydaddy

Thanks! I'm no electrician so this kind of stuff gets me a little confused... I may just try to find a discrete location for the switch it came with

Sure, the numbers i was referencing point to different pins on the relay. See attached drawing. If you still want to do it through your switchpros, i can spend a few minutes and draw up what you want. Just let me know what features you want

mini-automotive-relay-wiring-840x.jpg

Sure, the numbers i was referencing point to different pins on the relay. See attached drawing. If you still want to do it through your switchpros, i can spend a few minutes and draw up what you want. Just let me know what features you want

View attachment 250738

I think having the on/off/reverse would be most fitting for me. I would love to see exactly how you would go about it! Thanks!

Frydaddy

I think having the on/off/reverse would be most fitting for me. I would love to see exactly how you would go about it! Thanks!

As requested...

backup diagram.png

What, you thought it would be one of my awesome Google Draw jobs? nope.

BTW, is this how your backup light is setup?

backup wiring.png

Edit: Does switchpros reset its panel when you power off? it might need a different setup for the "reverse activate" to default to on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom