Questions about installing a lift

Bowman

Hello all,

I am looking to purchase a lift kit for my automatic 2015 JK sport s. This is my first major mod to my Jeep and what to make sure it is done right. I am hoping to get some feedback on what I need to complete the lift.

The lift I am looking at is the tarflex 3 inch s/t3 suspension lift kit (http://www.extremeterrain.com/teraflex-3in-sport-st3-suspension-kit-foxshocks-2dr-0717.html) it looks like a fully complete kit.

What else do you guys think in need to complete this lift? I have been reading that a automatic driveshaft will come in contact with other part and to replacing the front drive shaft with an after market driveshaft will fix this problem. Are there other things I need to watch out for when installing this lift? I'd like to hear your feedback!

Thanks!

GraniteCrystal

I don't see a drag link flip, which is in the same boat as the driveshaft: not needed immediately but you'll want it shortly thereafter.

Also, for $2500 I think there are some better kits out there but if you've ridden in this one and like it, go for it.

WJCO

Meme King
Whatever kit you go with, I wouldn't recommend buying it from extreme terrain, they're a shady company.

WJCO

Meme King
Okay, thanks for the feedback. What are some of the better companies to look at?

Sent from my LG-H901 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have heard good things about EVO and Rancho. But regardless of what lift you get, sometimes you can buy directly from the company rather than going through the vendor. If you are going with a vendor, Havoc Offroad is an advertiser on the forum as well. And many members here have also had good luck with quadratec.

EDIT: Just realized, I'm not sure Havoc sells lift kits.

Last edited:

zimm

Caught the Bug
Evo enforcer, rock krawler, JKS, just to name some others. I'd avoid a chinese made lift (teraflex, rough country) if you can get a US made one for the same cost.

Driveshaft isn't required right away. As long as you get springs, bump stops, longer sway bar links, adjustable front lower control arms, and address the track bars (brackets), you should be good to go. The only thing that changes alignment wise is caster, which you need to set with the arms, and recenter the steering wheel with the drag link adjustment.

Have you read this yet? http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...-the-JK-Wrangler&p=21017&viewfull=1#post21017

Also if you go with a drag link flip- depending on the kit you retain your stock track bar maybe even the sway bar links, which saves you money.

Andy5160

Hooked
No need for DS replacement at this time. I run 3.5 lift however i am not sure two doors have the same concept.
I would definitely look into EVO kit as well as Rancho. As stated by WJCO it is important to know the vendor you buy from so look around the forum and you will find the answers. There are reputable manufactures as well as distributors both on W and E coast.

Good luck.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
You didn't mention the tire size you wish to go with. You can get a lot of tire under a JK with a small lift. If you can stay with a 2.5 which usually nets about 3 inches, you can avoid extra costs like the draglink flip and driveshaft. Something to think about.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug

That's a sweet setup. It really mirrors the old classic Bronco in it's design in the front. Except where it mounts to the frame where it has the ability to really articulate as opposed to the straight pin and bushing of the ford. Seems simple and bulletproof.

cshell927

You didn't mention the tire size you wish to go with. You can get a lot of tire under a JK with a small lift. If you can stay with a 2.5 which usually nets about 3 inches, you can avoid extra costs like the draglink flip and driveshaft. Something to think about.

This has been my experience. I'm running a 2.5" MetalCloak lift (3" actual, measured pre and post install), with stock fenders and 35s. I have had no issues wheeling this setup other than some tire rubbing on the lower front control arms. Wheels are on my mod list, but in the meantime, wheel spacers have addressed the rubbing.

Bowman

Hey everybody,

Thanks for all the good information! I finally got everything installed that I purchased for my jeep!

I ended up going with new STT Pro's , Evo leveling kit and king shocks 2.5.

My plan is to slowly up grade all my suspension components with Evo. I really enjoyed there customer service and quality of product.

20160902_132140_HDR.jpg
Before

20170428_195556_HDR.jpg
And after!

Sent from my LG-H901 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom