Limited Slip Question

Jranso04

I'm new to limited slips and lockers so if someone could help that would be great. I'm unsure if I should get new axles with a limited slip for the rear and open front or just leave it like it is and just get new axles that are both open for just 4WD? I rarely off-road it because it was my uncles who passed away so I baby it to try to make it last forever for sentimental reasons. If anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

10abadilla/jk

^^^^^^ agreed. Reading this post I see you rarely wheel your rig. In that case I personally would just leave the axles you have now on the jeep. What is the reason your looking to change them?

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jranso04

I just know putting 35's on stock axles is pushing it and everything underneath is pretty rusted and I wanted to replace them eventually so I'm just planning ahead.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
I just know putting 35's on stock axles is pushing it and everything underneath is pretty rusted and I wanted to replace them eventually so I'm just planning ahead.

What's pretty rusted? Why don't you post up some pics so everyone knows what you're dealing with. Also, if you don't wheel much, 35's should be fine on your Jeep.

ob_tj

I have to agree. I know a few people that are running 35s on their stock tj axles and they haven't had any problems with the occasional light wheeling

Ddays

Hooked

What year is the Jeep? If its a 2016 I'd say holy shit!, but while that may look terrible, that's typical for the rust belt. Honestly nothing there looks like its anywhere close to being rusted out or on the verge of failing. That's gonna be a lot of work cleaning that up & repainting only to have it do the same thing in a couple years. Maybe power wash it good & coat it with a rust stop paint?

Last edited:
Top Bottom