Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37
  1. #21
    Knows a Thing or Two RebelconJk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Townsend TN
    Posts
    697
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail JK View Post
    I kind of want to belly laugh that you're asking about the area and your concern is mudflaps.

    In terms of really wanting to know about the area I guess it would depend on what you value and your budget. There are a lot of nice areas in the Inland Empire and others I would stay away from. If you want a little bit more space consider Cherry Valley or maybe Norco. Most of the nicer areas in the I.E. have very small properties such as Chino hills, Rancho Cucamonga, Upland. Traffic is always an issue so if your commute isn't relevant right now it will become relevant. There is great weather and wheeling in and throughout Southern California but it comes at a cost.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Haha! I see your point, i was just curious on the laws there. Because if they were going to get me into trouble it would def be an expense on getting a set of fenders welded on.

    Thanks for the input, i'll look into those areas.

  2. #22
    Moderator Trail JK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Reche Canyon
    Posts
    1,953
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelconJk View Post
    Haha! I see your point, i was just curious on the laws there. Because if they were going to get me into trouble it would def be an expense on getting a set of fenders welded on.

    Thanks for the input, i'll look into those areas.
    No problem. You really don't need mudflaps with fenders if you're running 37's or smaller. It's possible that you'll get a fix-it ticket but pretty unlikely. If you are running large tires without fenders then it's likely that you'll stand out. Is this a daily driver? Now I'm interested to see a picture.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  3. #23
    Knows a Thing or Two RebelconJk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Townsend TN
    Posts
    697
    I'm running 37s with beadlocks. IMG_20170306_123131_168.jpeg20170304_132312.jpg

    Cut factory fenders up front.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

  4. #24
    Been Around the Block BaddestCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Palmdale, CA
    Posts
    336
    Hey, with the 40-50% effective tax rate, having to spend half your waking days in traffic, putting up with all the regulations, environmental Nazis, wannabe Hollywood assholes, and $0.10 grocery bags, mud flaps just might be the straw that breaks the camel's back! 😂😂

    Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

  5. #25
    Moderator Trail JK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Reche Canyon
    Posts
    1,953
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelconJk View Post
    I'm running 37s with beadlocks. IMG_20170306_123131_168.jpeg20170304_132312.jpg

    Cut factory fenders up front.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I would probably run the Evo quick disconnect mudflaps in the rear. If it's not a daily driver I wouldn't be too worried about it.

    Something to consider, if you're really worried about the extra expense of the ticket you probably want to reconsider making a move out here. The taxes and cost of living is high. As someone mentioned, if this is a really good opportunity and good salary that's different.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  6. #26
    Knows a Thing or Two RebelconJk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Townsend TN
    Posts
    697
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail JK View Post
    I would probably run the Evo quick disconnect mudflaps in the rear. If it's not a daily driver I wouldn't be too worried about it.

    Something to consider, if you're really worried about the extra expense of the ticket you probably want to reconsider making a move out here. The taxes and cost of living is high. As someone mentioned, if this is a really good opportunity and good salary that's different.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Yeah, looks like i'll have to do that bc my wife currently has a work vehicle; so i swap out between the jeep and our nissan murano. She would more then likely have to drive the car so the jeep would be my daily driver.

    Not too worried about tickets, what is this effective tax?

  7. #27
    Knows a Thing or Two RebelconJk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Townsend TN
    Posts
    697
    Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    Hey, with the 40-50% effective tax rate, having to spend half your waking days in traffic, putting up with all the regulations, environmental Nazis, wannabe Hollywood assholes, and $0.10 grocery bags, mud flaps just might be the straw that breaks the camel's back! 😂😂

    Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app
    What's this effective tax?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

  8. #28
    Been Around the Block BaddestCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Palmdale, CA
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelconJk View Post
    What's this effective tax?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Depends on your income, of course, but typical 30% Fed income tax, 13-14% state income tax, 9-10% sales tax... Now they're talking about a new 9% tax on services (hair cuts, appliance repair, auto repair, etc). It's getting to the point where we may as well just give them our whole paycheck and go on the welfare rolls. 😜

    Oh, don't forget a $0.05-$0.10 fee on every bottle of water or can of soda you buy. I mentioned the $0.10 fee for every grocery bag you need to carry the stuff home from the store you just paid them 9% on... New tires, new computer, new TV, oil change. Yeah, there's an additional fee tacked on to those too. I'm sure there's a bunch more, but those are just off the top of my head.

    Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

  9. #29
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Japan(military)
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelconJk View Post
    Soo... My wife and I may be relocating to Cali for a job offer that presented it's self to me earlier this week. Nothing is set in stone yet, just wanted to get a feel for the area from some folks that live out that way. What are the fender regulations and inspections/ emissions required on vehicles in that area? Any feed back would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks Guys, and Gals,

    Warren
    Yucaipa, Beamount in that direction wouldn't be bad. If the commute isn't too bad Canyon lake, Menifee, murrieta and Temecula are great places south.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  10. #30
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    35

    What can you guy's tell me about Riverside California?

    Yeah taxes suck in CA. I live in Rancho Cucamonga (20-25 min from Riverside) and love it. Nice weather, mountain views, close to trails and less than 45 min from the beach. I Don't get hassled for tire size, mud flaps, lift, etc. My Jeep has 3 inch lift with 35s. I've lived here my entire life and family is all here so not much of a choice. Good luck!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by clos0791; 03-18-2017 at 03:31 AM.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •