Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    As mentioned tax sucks, cost of living is high, traffic sucks, people are self entitled assholes. I'm sure I left out a bunch. Go on zilliow.com to check out home prices. Also I wouldn't worry about mud flaps until you get a ticket for it. Mostly CHP you have to worry about.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Last edited by jesse3638; 03-23-2017 at 07:35 PM.

Knows a Thing or Two Journeyman's Avatar
    I'm sure there are some nice pockets of riverside. I'm familiar with Yucaipa and that area, but you could not pay me to live there! That whole LA, Riverside valley is on my list of places to not live. It's just to much of everything.
    But maybe it's better than what you've got going on

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fresh Catch
    I lived in Riverside my whole adult life up until five years ago. I still live nearby and drive through there on at least a weekly basis. I know that place like the back of my hand. Properties vary significantly by neighborhood, from perhaps a couple hundred grand to over a couple million. Mild winters and hot summers. I'm guessing it's less humid than Tennessee during the summer. Traffic does suck, everybody (including myself) always seems to be in a rush. There is a University there, but definitely not a college town. Centrally located, so you're an hour or less to the beach, mountains, desert, and entertainment of your choice. Best of luck!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    Depends on your income, of course, but typical 30% Fed income tax, 13-14% state income tax, 9-10% sales tax... Now they're talking about a new 9% tax on services (hair cuts, appliance repair, auto repair, etc). It's getting to the point where we may as well just give them our whole paycheck and go on the welfare rolls. 😜

Oh, don't forget a $0.05-$0.10 fee on every bottle of water or can of soda you buy. I mentioned the $0.10 fee for every grocery bag you need to carry the stuff home from the store you just paid them 9% on... New tires, new computer, new TV, oil change. Yeah, there's an additional fee tacked on to those too. I'm sure there's a bunch more, but those are just off the top of my head.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app
    You forgot the new fee for cow farts. Don't laugh, it's true.
    Quote Originally Posted by aredub View Post
    I lived in Riverside my whole adult life up until five years ago. I still live nearby and drive through there on at least a weekly basis. I know that place like the back of my hand. Properties vary significantly by neighborhood, from perhaps a couple hundred grand to over a couple million. Mild winters and hot summers. I'm guessing it's less humid than Tennessee during the summer. Traffic does suck, everybody (including myself) always seems to be in a rush. There is a University there, but definitely not a college town. Centrally located, so you're an hour or less to the beach, mountains, desert, and entertainment of your choice. Best of luck!

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

That doesn't sound too bad. But, I'm a dedicated Northeastern US guy.

Been Around the Block BaddestCross's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scrota76 View Post
    You forgot the new fee for cow farts. Don't laugh, it's true.
    Yup. I knew I was forgetting something. 😂

Sent from my SM-P600 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Speaking of the University. Is the Barn still open on campus? I saw many concerts there and was just wondering about that place.