REVERE THE STEER - Rubicat Going Wide with 72.5" Dynatrac XD60 / PRO 1550 Front Axle

DP1120

That is the downside to doing this but of course, there aren't many wheels available because there hasn't been an axle option like this available in the past and therefore, there hasn't a demand for them. Perhaps that will change now. :yup:

I sure hope so. Dont see why anyone would want to go any other way if they are going to a 60 front anyway.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I sure hope so. Dont see why anyone would want to go any other way if they are going to a 60 front anyway.

Well, what I can tell you is that there are 2 other wheels that Cindy and I considered before deciding on Trail Ready's and the first of which is the KMC Enduro and Walker Evans Racing. Both come in 5.5" of back spacing and both look great. Being that we've been running ATX wheels for so long (same company as KMC) we decided to try something different and while we loved the old Walkers we've run in the past, we've already run them before. Of course, Trail Ready is made in the U.S.A. and was a big bonus for us too.

Anyway, those are 2 other options for people right off the bat.

KMC Enduro
XD222_17x8_Mach-500.png

Walker Evans Racing
17-beadlock-offroad-racing-wheels.jpg

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
As my next upgrade will, most likely, be axles, beadlocks and tires I am really liking the new wider front axle. That you had your rear extended to match the front is a great idea as well. Is the wider rear axle also an option thru Dynatrac as a package or would you have to upgrade the pro rock 60 as you and Cindy have done?
I apologize if this is a stupid question.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As my next upgrade will, most likely, be axles, beadlocks and tires I am really liking the new wider front axle. That you had your rear extended to match the front is a great idea as well. Is the wider rear axle also an option thru Dynatrac as a package or would you have to upgrade the pro rock 60 as you and Cindy have done?
I apologize if this is a stupid question.

Not a stupid question at all. As of now, what we did is a one of a kind but I know that Dynatrac will be offering it as an option. If you go this route, you will need to order up your front AND rear axle at the same time and make sure to get them in the 72.5" width. :yup:

benatc1

Hooked

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
Not a stupid question at all. As of now, what we did is a one of a kind but I know that Dynatrac will be offering it as an option. If you go this route, you will need to order up your front AND rear axle at the same time and make sure to get them in the 72.5" width. :yup:
Rockon, thank you for the great information and the wonderful writeups/videos that you and Cindy share/inspire/encourage each of us to live, dream and experience. [emoji106] [emoji108] [emoji188]

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

mastrcruse

Sorry if this is redundant, I went through most of the big posts in the thread and either missed it or didn't see it, what Tie rod and Draglink are you using on Rubicat with the XD60? Thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry if this is redundant, I went through most of the big posts in the thread and either missed it or didn't see it, what Tie rod and Draglink are you using on Rubicat with the XD60? Thanks!

As you have guessed correctly, the tie-rod is way longer than anything that's available on the market today and what we have is made by Dynatrac. The drag link is factory with an extended Dynatrac HD adjuster sleeve.

mastrcruse

As you have guessed correctly, the tie-rod is way longer than anything that's available on the market today and what we have is made by Dynatrac. The drag link is factory with an extended Dynatrac HD adjuster sleeve.

Thanks...I appreciate your response. Rubicat and Moby are both looking awesome!

0311DoC

Awesome setup, write-up and pictorial. I’ve been checking the other thread more than a couple of times daily for updates. I was actually most interested in what your rear end solution would be to compliment the stretched XD. The thought of “recycling” the ProRock 60 rear never occurred to me… pretty cool. Guess Rubicat has gone green. Lol.

My current plan is Dynatrac Elite Axle Set XD60/PR80 (68.5”) + EVO Bolt-On COs + Coop STT 40s. I was going to go with Chamber Pro IIs, however now I wonder if I should consider wheels with greater backspacing to take advantage of the XD’s 1550 knuckles/wheel ends. Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

So I went through this whole thread and this is the closest question I could find to my soon situation. I am planning on getting the EVO Double D Pro like Mel has on Spicy Chicken. I am super intrigued on the best setup for my lift. I want 60/60 axle setup so if I do the 1550 wheel ends am I to understand that im good with the normal backspacing of the wheels? Or should I go with 5.5 BS because it offers the best geometry and protection? I hope I said that right. Looking forward to the responses. And as always Eddie GREAT write up!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So I went through this whole thread and this is the closest question I could find to my soon situation. I am planning on getting the EVO Double D Pro like Mel has on Spicy Chicken. I am super intrigued on the best setup for my lift. I want 60/60 axle setup so if I do the 1550 wheel ends am I to understand that im good with the normal backspacing of the wheels? Or should I go with 5.5 BS because it offers the best geometry and protection? I hope I said that right. Looking forward to the responses. And as always Eddie GREAT write up!

Even with wheels that have very little backspacing, you will still see significant steering benefits with the PRO 1550 knuckles. Cindy and I wanted to run 5.5" of back spacing because it offered the most benefits as you seem to be aware of. Is it really necessary? No. We just wanted to take advantage of all the improvements Dynatrac made and weren't available in the past.

0311DoC

Even with wheels that have very little backspacing, you will still see significant steering benefits with the PRO 1550 knuckles. Cindy and I wanted to run 5.5" of back spacing because it offered the most benefits as you seem to be aware of. Is it really necessary? No. We just wanted to take advantage of all the improvements Dynatrac made and weren't available in the past.

Great! Thank you for the reply. Now as you mentioned in the thread. There are so many wheels out there and only a few offer 5.5 BS as of now, decisions decisions....

mastrcruse

I have a quick question if you don't mind. I am ordering an XD60 front this week and really on the fence whether to get the 1550. Dynatrac is recommending the XD60 with 1480's because I have plans to run the DTD setup and Steve mentioned Mel orders all the XD60s running DTDs with the 1480. He said it had something to do with fitment of the DTD setup and the 1550 on a 68.5" wide axle (potential lack of space maybe?). I know You, Mel, Randy, and many of the others running the DTD have driven and beat the crap out of the Prorock60 for a long time with it holding up great.

Any thoughts?

It's about a $1300 difference to move to the 1550's from the 1480's ($9400 vs. $8199). My wallet and wife say 8199, my brain says 1550 to have the best of the best.

Thanks again! I'm pumped either way I go to get an XD60!

If it matters, I'll be running 3.5" BS trail readys and 40-13.5 Trail Grapplers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom