Close

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynatrac View Post
    Our earlier Pro60 wheel end that is still available will also accept most 5.5" BS x 17-inch wheels. Some wheels and some steering configurations may not apply, so this is not a blanket answer for everyone. But if you you have a ProRock 60F (XD or Gen-1) with our earlier Pro60 wheel end with our crossover steering for a JK, most wheels should not be a problem.

Even with the 5.5" BS wheel the Pro60 does not offer the reduced scrub radius of the new 1550 wheel end.
    Thank you for chiming in and offering some clarification

Caught the Bug
    Is that knuckle what the xd 60 comes with or do you have to throw down a little extra?

While Cindy and I were doing some additional filming for the video we're working on, I happened to notice something that was worth documenting and sharing with all of you. Specifically, while parked and with the engine running, I turned Moby's steering wheel from a full lock to a full lock - back and forth multiple times and after the fact, I saw the following footprint left behind.
    IMG_4226.jpg

As you can see in these close up shots, you can really see just how much his tires were scrubbing around the steering axis inclination, basically creating arcs around a point and leaving behind a blurry footprint.
    IMG_4221.jpg

IMG_4222.jpg

Now, here's what the footprints looked like from Rubicat doing the exact same thing.
    IMG_4225.jpg

As you can see here, her tires were clearly pivoting in place and leaving behind distinct and well defined prints of her lugs, twisting around a center point.
    IMG_4223.jpg

IMG_4224.jpg

The proof is in the prints

Wow....that is impressive. At first, I thought air pressure could play a role in the marks. It has nothing to do with pressure. The marks in the middle of RubiCats printing truly stay in the center and don't look as marked("scrubbed") as Moby's do. Thats awesome.

that's really cool

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    While Cindy and I were doing some additional filming for the video we're working on, I happened to notice something that was worth documenting and sharing with all of you. Specifically, while parked and with the engine running, I turned Moby's steering wheel from a full lock to a full lock - back and forth multiple times and after the fact, I saw the following footprint left behind.
    Very clever

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    It's all in the science
    IMG_7510.JPG
    October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JKS
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assist

Thank god that I got second kid that delay my jeep project a little bit longer and found out all about this, my mind just blew away! It like, "Hmm, that's true..." then I read more, "Ohh that make sense!" Until last part i saw example of steering turned/tires on floor: Ohh!

Thank you Wayalife/Dynatrac for all details here and make awesome products become reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Aspenkid View Post
    Wow....that is impressive. At first, I thought air pressure could play a role in the marks. It has nothing to do with pressure. The marks in the middle of RubiCats printing truly stay in the center and don't look as marked("scrubbed") as Moby's do. Thats awesome.
    Yeah, psi was the same in both tires. Also, they were both Cooper STT Pro's with a 13.50 wide tread. Moby is running a 40 and Rubicat a 37 but that was the only real difference between the two and really, the PRO 1550 knuckles are optimized for a 40. In other words, the minimal scrub you see with Rubicat's prints would be EVEN LESS if she were running 40's.

Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    It's all in the science
    Indeed it is

Quote Originally Posted by joecoool2003 View Post
    Is that knuckle what the xd 60 comes with or do you have to throw down a little extra?
    Sorry I missed this earlier. The PRO 1550 comes standard if you get the Elite XD60/PR80 package but if you get the XD60 by itself, I believe it is an upgrade to the Pro 60 knuckles that come standard.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyLeo13 View Post
    Thank god that I got second kid that delay my jeep project a little bit longer and found out all about this, my mind just blew away! It like, "Hmm, that's true..." then I read more, "Ohh that make sense!" Until last part i saw example of steering turned/tires on floor: Ohh!

Thank you Wayalife/Dynatrac for all details here and make awesome products become reality!
    Glad this post was useful and informative for you