Fuel filler spitting up

Swaps

I've never been able to fill my 07 JKU sahara with gas and not have it spit gas back at me when it's full. My only option is to listen closely for any audible change that is close to full then stopping it manually.
Is this a common issue? Or is my jeep just retarded?

Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is a common problem especially with older JK's. There is a TSB to have this fixed and your dealership should be able to help you out.

Shantz

Yeah, mine too. Took it in to get fixed, still does it. I just flip the gas nozzle upside down when filling... solved the problem. Fills up perfect every time.

Sent By Morse Code

Swaps

Yeah, mine too. Took it in to get fixed, still does it. I just flip the gas nozzle upside down when filling... solved the problem. Fills up perfect every time.

Sent By Morse Code
I tried that at the suggestion of a coworker.

Didn't work either. :-(
Next time i take it to a shop I'll ask them about it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app

TRLJNKY

There is a TSB on these as mentioned. I finally took mine in to get it fixed a few months ago. Unfortunatley, I Kept blowing it off because I hate dealerships. Now I dont feel like a tool when i dont shut it down in time.

sent from my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

JeepDrum

Google Chrysler tsb 14-001-13 and 14-003-12

Depending on the date your rig was built, one of these should apply. You can find the build date on your driver side door jamb sticker. My '08 had the issue. I had a couple other recalls to get checked out so I asked the dealership to fix my fuel filler hose while my Jeep was there. They were aware of the tsb already. For vehicles the tsb applies to, the warranty for that specific issue is extended for the life of the vehicle. They treated it basically the same as recall work and I wasn't charged anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Boji

Mine only spits up when the weather is below 50*, after awhile you'll learn exactly how many gallons are in the tank by looking at the gage and stop fueling just before you fill all the way up.

Apdski

Im glad its not just a me kind-of thing, was certain I knew how to fill up a vehicle. Now that I know its the jeep and not me, not sure if I'm going to do anything about it ha!

Top Bottom