I think I've seen you wheel your RAM at Tuttle before

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Side note: I think I've seen you wheel your RAM at Tuttle before. It was interesting to see a Dodge pickup truck climb the ledges :) looks good!
Yep that was me LOL. It's taking a lot of work to get my truck where it is but I love it. And I can only hope to do the same with my WJ. Since you saw me at Tuttle I broke a CV shaft that day, it was New Year's Day and then I broken another one since then and also broke in the front axle stub this past weekend at Kansas rocks. Finally figured out when the lift kit was put on the brackets don't line up the axle with the center of the hubs. About two inches or better off so I'm at a compound angle. Hope to get that fixed and should be good after that. Front and rear posi tracks help as well!!

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Yep that was me LOL. It's taking a lot of work to get my truck where it is but I love it. And I can only hope to do the same with my WJ. Since you saw me at Tuttle I broke a CV shaft that day, it was New Year's Day and then I broken another one since then and also broke in the front axle stub this past weekend at Kansas rocks. Finally figured out when the lift kit was put on the brackets don't line up the axle with the center of the hubs. About two inches or better off so I'm at a compound angle. Hope to get that fixed and should be good after that. Front and rear posi tracks help as well!!

Ahh yes, the good old hangover run. Glad to hear you're getting it all worked out! I'll have to say hi if I see you again.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
More WJs :wings:

Welcome to the dark side of the Jeep spectrum. Thankfully I have a JKU to even it out :cheesy:
I take it WJ's are the outcast child? My wife and I are desperately hoping to get a 2012 or newer Rubicon soon. We bought the WJ for winter and I decided to keep it and Build It Up but not too extreme just because it's going to be my daily driver now. My Ram doesn't get that great gas mileage running 40's and driving about 90 miles a day LOL. I would love to build the WJ up with a 6 inch suspension lift and 33s but I'm afraid the wife might say no. Maybe I'll accidentally order 6-inch Springs instead of 4-1/2[emoji57]

WJCO

Meme King
I take it WJ's are the outcast child? My wife and I are desperately hoping to get a 2012 or newer Rubicon soon. We bought the WJ for winter and I decided to keep it and Build It Up but not too extreme just because it's going to be my daily driver now. My Ram doesn't get that great gas mileage running 40's and driving about 90 miles a day LOL. I would love to build the WJ up with a 6 inch suspension lift and 33s but I'm afraid the wife might say no. Maybe I'll accidentally order 6-inch Springs instead of 4-1/2[emoji57]

You can run 33s on a 4 inch lift. I'm doing it. Requires trimming and bump stops but can be done and still provide a decent ride.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
You can run 33s on a 4 inch lift. I'm doing it. Requires trimming and bump stops but can be done and still provide a decent ride.
Well if you can fit 33s with a 4 inch lift then I'll probably just order 4 & 1/2 inch Springs and hopefully I should be good. I'm trying to get away from trimming the actual body but the bumper I could care less if I trim. What bump stops do you recommend? Like I said I'm just getting ready to put a rough country long arm kit on it and a jks track bar... Along with some other goodies and gladly accept any advice. I'm only going with the Rough Country because I can't justify the price of a Clayton right now. And Rough Country upgraded too forged Johnny joints now instead of the old style they were running.

WJCO

Meme King
Well if you can fit 33s with a 4 inch lift then I'll probably just order 4 & 1/2 inch Springs and hopefully I should be good. I'm trying to get away from trimming the actual body but the bumper I could care less if I trim. What bump stops do you recommend? Like I said I'm just getting ready to put a rough country long arm kit on it and a jks track bar... Along with some other goodies and gladly accept any advice. I'm only going with the Rough Country because I can't justify the price of a Clayton right now. And Rough Country upgraded too forged Johnny joints now instead of the old style they were running.

This is a 4 inch zone lift. It came with bump stop extensions, but I also added 1 hockey puck on each side of the front axle and 2 hockey bucks on each side of the rear axle. This was to keep the tires from eating the fenders. And you will have to trim the body to fit 33s on a 4 inch lift. This is when I still had my D30 axle. Make sure whatever lift you get comes with proper steering correction to keep the track bar and drag link parallel, the Zone one did not. I had bump steer the whole time.

whoknows.jpg

Now I have a different axle in front and the bump stops are completely custom and different.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
This is a 4 inch zone lift. It came with bump stop extensions, but I also added 1 hockey puck on each side of the front axle and 2 hockey bucks on each side of the rear axle. This was to keep the tires from eating the fenders. And you will have to trim the body to fit 33s on a 4 inch lift. This is when I still had my D30 axle. Make sure whatever lift you get comes with proper steering correction to keep the track bar and drag link parallel, the Zone one did not. I had bump steer the whole time.

View attachment 249105

Now I have a different axle in front and the bump stops are completely custom and different.
Man that's a good looking rig! Awesome advice... Thank you! And since I'm new to the whole solid axle scene(RAM is I.F.S.)....I'm assuming by hockey pucks you are meaning coil spacers or wheel spacers? And I will definitely need the advice on keeping everything in line. I don't want those problems if I can avoid them. I wish I could just upgrade to Rubicon axles right away but that's not in the realistic budget...YET!

10abadilla/jk

View attachment 249105

When you say hockey puck are you referring to actual hockey pucks modded to become bump stops or is that a type of bump stop extension? The reason I ask is I have actually seen people use hockey pucks. I am curious because I need bump stop extensions on the front and if that is a successful and inexpensive way I might give it a try. I apologize if I hi jacked this thread.

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteCrystal

When you say hockey puck are you referring to actual hockey pucks modded to become bump stops or is that a type of bump stop extension? The reason I ask is I have actually seen people use hockey pucks. I am curious because I need bump stop extensions on the front and if that is a successful and inexpensive way I might give it a try. I apologize if I hi jacked this thread.

Ha. I asked him the same thing on our first trail run together.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
The Official I Hate wayoflife / Eddie Thread

Plenty of people on here either own a WJ or have owned one in the past so I wouldn't say outcast child but plenty of the haters like to point out when someone doesn't have a JK like it's a bad thing and WJs are one of the main targets.

Also you will definitely need to trim for 33s on a 4" lift. I had 31.5s with a 2" lift on my WJ and it rubbed lightly everywhere! 32s and I would have been reaching for the sawzall

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Man that's a good looking rig! Awesome advice... Thank you! And since I'm new to the whole solid axle scene(RAM is I.F.S.)....I'm assuming by hockey pucks you are meaning coil spacers or wheel spacers? And I will definitely need the advice on keeping everything in line. I don't want those problems if I can avoid them. I wish I could just upgrade to Rubicon axles right away but that's not in the realistic budget...YET!

Ha. I asked him the same thing on our first trail run together.

What was he running? Actual hockey pucks?

Thanks. Actual hockey pucks. Cheap used ones on eBay. I glued mine but some people drill holes and use longer bolts.

Last edited:

BaddestCross

Hockey pucks drilled and threaded into the bump stop landing pad (for lack of a better term)... I had to buy a bag of them to get a decent price. If you want some, you're more than welcome.

20170203_183411.jpg

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom