Rough Country Trackbar bracket break

Hey y'all,

Not trying to bash on any company here, but I just wanna say, my buddy had a Jeep come into his shop the other day with a broken RC trackbar bracket. Scary stuff, reminds me of some other companies.

Please be mindful and please don't cheap out on your suspension components. A break like this at 70+ MPH could be devastating.

IMG_6852.JPG
IMG_6851.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yup, seen plenty of breaks just like this over the last 10 years but to be fair, it's the factory track bar frame mount that's breaking and not the RC track bar bracket. That is not to say that the inferior RC bracket didn't cause the break because it did. Extending down like that without any additional bracing allowed the bracket to act like a lever and over time, it just work the factory mount until it fatigued and failed. Basically, it and any drop bracket like it are poorly designed and shouldn't be run.

Yup, seen plenty of breaks just like this over the last 10 years but to be fair, it's the factory track bar frame mount that's breaking and not the RC track bar bracket. That is not to say that the inferior RC bracket didn't cause the break because it did. Extending down like that without any additional bracing allowed the bracket to act like a lever and over time, it just work the factory mount until it fatigued and failed. Basically, it and any drop bracket like it are poorly designed and shouldn't be run.

Yep, plenty of other companies do it. I don't wanna bash on one single company but on the other hand you're right, these sub par parts breaking could cause extreme injuries or even worse. It's a safety thing, not a bashing thing.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom