Stock upper control arms for PR44 unlimited?

TFD

I'm upgrading to a PR44 unlimited in May and would like to know if I will need adjustable front uppers or if the stock arms will work.

I'm running the 3" enforcer with the lower adjustable control arms.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
I had a hard time dialing in my caster with stock uppers, adjustable lowers and the unlimited housing- had to get some adjustable as the EVO lowers wouldn't go short enough to get it right, plus my springs were bowing. Adjustable uppers fixed it all

Edit: I have 4" Enforcer is that makes a difference

Last edited:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I had a hard time dialing in my caster with stock uppers, adjustable lowers and the unlimited housing- had to get some adjustable as the EVO lowers wouldn't go short enough to get it right, plus my springs were bowing. Adjustable uppers fixed it all

I think that's a common problem with trying to adjust caster by using stock uppers and adjustable lowers. Lower arms are more for positioning the axle in the wheel well, and uppers rotate the housing fwd or aft to set caster. Adjustable lower arms usually don't go short enough to get the caster spot on.

benatc1

Hooked
I think that's a common problem with trying to adjust caster by using stock uppers and adjustable lowers. Lower arms are more for positioning the axle in the wheel well, and uppers rotate the housing fwd or aft to set caster. Adjustable lower arms usually don't go short enough to get the caster spot on.

Could be, that makes sense, I was scratching my head for awhile but fortunately got good advice here and it worked like a charm. I suppose you can run it with your caster off and it not be a huge deal but I was to OCD to not have it right haha

jorgelrod

Hooked
Looks like I should get a set of uppers. I'd rather get it all dialed in the first time around.

I'm in the same boat you are, Dynatrac said I might get away with stock or I might not since that height is kind do of right in the middle of where you would choose a standard or unlimited housing. I decided to get adjustable uppers and save me from having to learn the hard way that it chose to be in the might not side of things.

TFD

I'm in the same boat you are, Dynatrac said I might get away with stock or I might not since that height is kind do of right in the middle of where you would choose a standard or unlimited housing. I decided to get adjustable uppers and save me from having to learn the hard way that it chose to be in the might not side of things.

I just got off the phone with Steve at dynatrac. He told me not to risk it with the stock uppers and go adjustable just to make sure everything gets dialed in perfect.

Ddays

Hooked
I suppose you can run it with your caster off and it not be a huge deal but I was to OCD to not have it right haha

It depends how much 'off' you're talking about. I can tell you that 3* makes a significant difference at highway speeds.

Top Bottom