What do you love about your garage?

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Three car at a minimum. When we built, I demanded 3 1/2 since my neighborhood does not allow sheds. I have room for all three Jeeps, lawn mower, snow blower, wheel barrow, other junk and of course a work bench. I personally like the unfinished garage.

IMG_4159.jpg

IMG_4160.jpg

highoctane

Caught the Bug
While my garage is only a 2 car, it has a wide door that is also 7ft tall, has a 10ft ceiling, and a coated floor. Also love the up high shelves that are installed on all 3 walls. I did the floors myself when we bought the place back in Sept, but the home builder did the shelves.

IMG_6354.jpg

You can see the shelves here. Nice having off storage off the floor and out of the way.

IMG_6688.JPG

Just wish the garage itself was a bit bigger. 3 car would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

XJADDICTION

Banned
I have attached big two car 25x22 with 9' wide 8' tall doors and a 20+' ceiling. Ah, yea my builder forgot the second floor back in '08. I'll be fixing that soon.

I also have a separate detached garage/shop that is 28x30. That garage has a 16x10' garage door and 12 foot ceilings.

Definitely use LED lighting, makes a huge difference in my working garage. Tall ceilings are great for loft and a Jeep hard top[emoji3]

IMG_2709.JPG IMG_3637.JPG IMG_3362.JPG

P.S. no longer own an XJ but have used that XJADDICTION handle for almost 20 years. 2016 JKUHR stock, for now. This is my first JK and love it.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
What I hate is all the extra shit in mine. Like the mower, weed eater, wheelbarrow, and other crap like that. Also Christmas decorations and the like take up room. I only have a 2 car garage and it wouldn't suck so bad with the extra room I could make. I'm building a shed in the back for most of that stuff and finishing out a space in the attic for extra storage.

Labricon

Caught the Bug
Single attached 14'x26' garage built with house in 1960 with entrance door to back yard instead of house...ahhh the 60's. This is now my wife's garage and I have re wired, insulated and heated it for her. Mine is detached 24'x24' with double wide door heated and have a 10'x12' shed to keep junk from piling up in the garages. It will all feel huge when my sons move out one day hahaha

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
Best thing you can do is not even look at a house that doesn't have a garage size you want. The wife will end loving the house and talk you into building a garage after you move in. Next thing you know your working out of a damn shed.
I say have an attached and a separate garage out back for the projects.

XJADDICTION

Banned
Best thing you can do is not even look at a house that doesn't have a garage size you want. The wife will end loving the house and talk you into building a garage after you move in. Next thing you know your working out of a damn shed.

That's funny! Exactly what my wife said to me when we bought our first house.

P.S. no longer own an XJ but have used that XJADDICTION handle for almost 20 years. 2016 JKUHR stock, for now. This is my first JK and love it.

Top Bottom