Gorman CA. And surrounding areas. 4/01/2017

10abadilla/jk

I am planning on heading up to Gorman and the surrounding areas April 1st. I have never been there but figured I would leave an open invite to anyone who is interested on going. I am also open to advise and information about the area. Please keep me informed if you would like to be added to the list that way I can find a good meeting point. Thank you all.

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BLCK4X4

I don't have many thoughts, I take my bikes and toys up there to test drive after repairs but have never really explored any jeep trails so I'm eager to find some new ones. What rig do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

I don't think they've reopened Miller Jeep trail yet. Have you checked with the forest service on that one? If they have, I'd be down to go if my schedule permits.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

ob_tj

If you plan on running miller or Lockwood I'm almost positive they won't be opened yet. I did a lot of work with the Los Padres NF and their OHV. The last I heard it won't be open till about may or June. But just check with the Mt. Pinos ranger district to be sure.

10abadilla/jk

If you plan on running miller or Lockwood I'm almost positive they won't be opened yet. I did a lot of work with the Los Padres NF and their OHV. The last I heard it won't be open till about may or June. But just check with the Mt. Pinos ranger district to be sure.
Ok thank you for that information. I'll check in on Monday with them. This trip is still planned even if it's just in Gorman if anyone is still interested.

10abadilla/jk

So as of today Miller jeep trail is closed with no exact lead time on opening. They say usually by may 1st they are all open but it all depends on weather. I still plan to head up to Gorman park. Is anyone still interested?

BaddestCross

So as of today Miller jeep trail is closed with no exact lead time on opening. They say usually by may 1st they are all open but it all depends on weather. I still plan to head up to Gorman park. Is anyone still interested?

I'm still trying to figure out my schedule, so I'm a maybe. I've only run one trail up there... Pronghorn, I think. It seemed to me to be more single-track trails in there, but I haven't looked at the trail maps for awhile.

BaddestCross

I've got a couple things to take care of first thing in the morning. I can probably meet you inside the park (at the 4x4 practice area?) around 10-10:30 if that works for you.

Top Bottom