Wheel nuts not pulling through new rear axle shaft

jeeeep

Hooked
on new flanges with no existing ridges from the studs, they are harder to install.

I used my Milwaukee 18v impact gun with the lisle (suggested earlier in the thread) cause my buddy's air impact would not get them seated.

he was so blown away that the Milwaukee seated them and his Ingersoll air impact couldn't he ordered the Milwaukee when we got done lol

you need to get some grade 8 nuts and not use the lug nuts to get them seated

IronWorker18

Got them
Seated. Removed the shaft and used a hammer as mentioned lol.

But ran into another problem. The reason I put a new shaft in is because I assumed I bent axle shaft flange after my wife got into an accident and hit a curb with the tire at the back, The rim was going in and out as I turned it. I brought it to fountain tire a local shop and they said that it was the axle shaft flange. As the old axle shaft flange was bent a little bit it's the actual housing that is bent when I look at it and put a square on it compared to the actual tubing. The axle shaft seems to still be sitting true but with this not cause extra pressure on the wheel bearing at the top of the race??
I can't afford a new axel brand new. Used maybe but still something I
Was not expecting.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Got them
Seated. Removed the shaft and used a hammer as mentioned lol.

But ran into another problem. The reason I put a new shaft in is because I assumed I bent axle shaft flange after my wife got into an accident and hit a curb with the tire at the back, The rim was going in and out as I turned it. I brought it to fountain tire a local shop and they said that it was the axle shaft flange. As the old axle shaft flange was bent a little bit it's the actual housing that is bent when I look at it and put a square on it compared to the actual tubing. The axle shaft seems to still be sitting true but with this not cause extra pressure on the wheel bearing at the top of the race??
I can't afford a new axel brand new. Used maybe but still something I
Was not expecting.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

The axel tube can be straightened if you have access to a large hydraulic press, plunge dial indicator and a good straight edge. If not you might find a local machine shop that can help out? The thing is that once the tube is bent, it doesn't take much to bend it again so it would require re-enforcement. If you're going to have to pay someone for this service it's probably not worth it.

Top Bottom