To lift or not that is the question

gheller

If your riding with a passenger or some load in back and you hit a dip or deep enough rut you will hit your rear fender. Happened to me (same tires, no lift) that's why I put on the 2" boost.

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
FWIW, I run a (somewhat) stock suspension on my TJ. It flexes great... I scored 1150 or somewhere around there on the RTI. I say run it the way it is, invest in some (really) good skid plates, and have fun with it! If you decide you want a lift, lift it. I'm glad that's what I did, because my Jeep is so low and light I feel it might actually be worse if I lifted it :yup:

And a picture, because I like to show off my Jeep :rolleyes2:

attachment.php

naysjp

Caught the Bug
This is my second Jeep so I am familiar w/ stock Jeeps and it's been 3 yrs since it's purchase. It's a 4Dr so it's a bit low to the ground even with these 31's which are bigger than the stock that came w/ the JK. I did everything a year after getting my first Jeep (TJ) and you can get away with 33s on a 2dr. This is my first 4DR so trying to do things right and not on impulse. LOL Thank you for the pics and insight.

Labricon

Caught the Bug
AEV 2" budget boost with 285/70-17 no wheel spacers IMG_0024.JPG
Things have changed since this photo but I thought the pic may suit the OP's original question

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Napalm

Looking to get some new wheels, thinking of going with method nv's. I wanna throw 35"s on them, should I go with a 16" or 17 wheel??

Go 17 and don't look back. I went to 16s for a while and found I wasn't happy with the smaller wheel. While the extra tire is nice, some of the bigger break kits don't work with 16s. The most difficult part is finding tires for 16s in the size you want. 17s are much easier to find a tire for.

naysjp

Caught the Bug
I was looking on my lunch hour at the posts you guys provided. THANK YOU. @Napalm, I kind of got the feeling that it would be hard to find tires for these stock 16" rims. Yeah, I will get tires and rims and the same time. Thank you for the pics also.

Top Bottom