To lift or not that is the question

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Only you can answer the question...
Your Rig looks nice the way it is.
If you are on pavement all the time I'm sure it will be better the way it is rather than lifted.
I say invest in skid plates and enjoy it without a lift.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I like it I just don't want it to look too squat.WAYALIFE mobile app

Sounds like you answered your own question. [emoji1303]

Might look at a leveling kit like the one from EVO or the Rancho 2 inch kit. Think both of those are quality kits. Both are only about a two inch lift up front so nothing else is really needed and it shouldn't cause any other problems like needing driveshafts or control arms.

WJCO

Meme King
I can't tell if you have 33s or 35s, but cutting the fenders may give you the look you want. Here's my wife's Jeep with 33s, NO lift, and trimmed fenders.

0314171653.jpg

IMG_20170304_140522_833.jpg

TomDabb

Do the level lift. I put the Extreme Terrain level lift, nets approx 3" on both my 2013 JKU and sons 2008. Mine with 33"s' his w 275 truck tires. Previous I had a bad rub into the front bumper at steering lock. Crazy loud nose - everyone would stop and stare, not in a good way. Lift kit was cheap around 200. It takes a reasonable mechanical ability and a long throw floor jack and 5 to 7 hours. The brake lines are tricky. They will easily kink and leak. Do it with a buddy on a weekend.
Good luck from NJ

GraniteCrystal

To lift or not to lift? That is not the question :)

If going offroad, trim the fenders or lift it. Otherwise, looks good and leave as is.

WoodChuck

Thanks I probably will put a leveling kit on. I have a 1" spacer on the front now. The tires are 295 70 17. They didn't recalibrate my CPU said it is in specs at 33". It shifts good speedo is off 3 mph.

gheller

Thanks I probably will put a leveling kit on. I have a 1" spacer on the front now. The tires are 295 70 17. They didn't recalibrate my CPU said it is in specs at 33". It shifts good speedo is off 3 mph.

Looks great, I have the same size tires on my Willys.

I have 1 1/2" wheels spacers on and a 2" AEV budget boost lift.

Rides like stock and no rubbing or issues with clearance at all.

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app

gheller

I do, it rides like stock.

The way it sets up it provides a bit of leveling as well.

Your 1" spacer in front is adjusting and lifting the front a bit more than the rear. I started with a 3/4" front puck which leveled perfectly.

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app

gheller

The question in your OP was to lift or not.
I would say just level, with either a EVO leveling kit or a budget boost such as the AEV 2".

gheller

So the aev is 2" front and 1.25" rear?

Yes. It is actually a 2" spacer in front and a 1 3/4" spacer in rear but they instruct you to leave off your rear spring isolator (which is about 1/2") so the specs work out to 2"front and 1 1/4" rear.

It is a complete kit with bump stops and front sway bar link extensions as well as shock extensions.

Last edited:

gheller

Let me add, if I did it again I would keep the rear isolaters in and allow it to lift the front by only 1/4".

I find the front sits slightly higher than the rear. If anything, I would prefer the rear sit a bit higher than front.

naysjp

Caught the Bug
I need some opinions. At the end of December, I'll have enough cash to make a nice purchase for the Jeep. I will be able to buy the Enforcer lift or wheels and tires. I 've had 31" tires on my JKU/Sport model for the past 3 yrs(tires that came w Jeep lasted 3 months) since I had to buy tires right after buying the Jeep. Not sure what to buy first: tires/wheels or Enforcer lift. I don't have extra cash for several projects a year so I have to them once a year. Looking at 35" tires to have on the JKU since it seems to be the "norm" for a 4dr. I like 33s but they may be too small for a 4dr. Wheels now are 16" so I know I will have to buy new wheels for those larger tires most likely.

Last edited:

WoodChuck

I need some opinions. At the end of December, I'll have enough cash to make a nice purchase for the Jeep. I will be able to buy the Enforcer lift or wheels and tires. I 've had 31" tires on my JKU/Sport model for the past 3 yrs(tires that came w Jeep lasted 3 months) since I had to buy tires right after buying the Jeep. Not sure what to buy first: tires/wheels or Enforcer lift. I don't have extra cash for several projects a year so I have to them once a year. Looking at 35" tires to have on the JKU since it seems to be the "norm" for a 4dr. I like 33s but they may be too small for a 4dr.

I was in the same boat. I went with 295 70 17 their just over 33 and about 11.75 wide. I'm just not ready yet for the regear yet. I like the look a lot

Top Bottom