Who is running Cooper MTPs and have you had any issues?

joeyprice

I just picked up a set in 315/70r17 from the local Discount Tire and about 10-15 MPH they make a noise/vibration like they're rubbing on something. Its pretty pronounced, goes away at higher speed, happens accelerating and decelerating, straight or turning. Jeep was glass smooth until the day these went on. I had the alignment checked and the tires re-balanced. The shop is ordering a new set and will install them free, so I guess we'll see if its the tires or the Jeep soon, but was wondering if anybody running these had same or similar issues.

WJCO

Meme King
Are you 100% sure it is a tire noise? Is it possible when they balanced them, one of the weights is now hitting something like your brake caliper? Did you have the same size tire before? Could the new ones be rubbing on the control arm?

el_chupo_

same tire and size, no issues. Mine are on a set of Level 8 Pro wheels, no more noise/vibrations that I was expecting from this type of tire (that is to say, exactly as expected, nothing out of the ordinary).

Hope they can get your situation handled!

joeyprice

Are you 100% sure it is a tire noise? Is it possible when they balanced them, one of the weights is now hitting something like your brake caliper? Did you have the same size tire before? Could the new ones be rubbing on the control arm?

I suppose its possible its something other than the tires, but I'm pretty certain that is what it is. I can't see any marks on anything that would indicate rubbing. That IS what is sounds/feels like, the tires rubbing on a control arm or sway bar, but I would expect that when the steering wheel is turned, not when its going dead straight.

Discount Tire

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing some issues after your Cooper MTP tires went on. I understand situations like this are frustrating so thank you for your patience while your local Discount Tire works with you on the resolution.

Quick question... what wheels are you running these on?

Top Bottom