Hard Core ProRock 60/60 Axle-Set

All, need your help. I haven't seen anyone post anything regarding the Hard Core ProRock 60/60 Axle-Set vs Dana U60's since Dynatrac released new pricing. I see Dynatrac also includes dual piston calipers and 35 spline shafts (inner and outer) now as well. However, I did not see how to configure the axle to raise the steering up from above the diff cover? Before making my final decision/purchase, can someone give me some instruction?

This will be set up with EVO DTD and EVO high clearance long arms on a 2009 JKU Sahara.

Thanks ahead of time.

Last edited:

Journeyman

Welcome to Wayalife. There's been plenty threads around here about this package. Many of us are waiting on a delivery date for this setup. These axles are complete and setup to accommodate a minimum of 3" of lift.
If you have any questions call Dynatrac! They are super easy to get a hold of to answer all your questions (715)596-4461
I would not even consider the D60 package over this!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
All, need your help. I haven't seen anyone post anything regarding the Hard Core ProRock 60/60 Axle-Set vs Dana U60's since Dynatrac released new pricing. I see Dynatrac also includes dual piston calipers and 35 spline shafts (inner and outer) now as well. However, I did not see how to configure the axle to raise the steering up from above the diff cover? Before making my final decision/purchase, can someone give me some instruction?

This will be set up with EVO DTD and EVO high clearance long arms on a 2009 JKU Sahara.

Thanks ahead of time.

I just saw your PM but glad to see you just decided to post up on the open forum. As Journeyman stated, you're best bet would be to call Dynatrac and let them know what you're needing. They will be able to help get you setup with what you're wanting.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
I would also say give Dynatrac a call and tell them exactly what your looking for in a set of axle. However, both the front and rear 60s have been proven and plenty of people on here run them. Putting them into a package deal only lets the customer (you) benefit even more for a better price! this was the setup I was going to go with but then got a super awesome deal on a PR44/60, and to be completely honest is all I need for my type of driving/wheeling.

rockwell

I'm hoping someone does a write up on the Hardcore package, seems like a bunch were ordered so it would be nice to see how the install goes. Mine are ordered and I'm trying to get all the odds and ends coming so the install goes smooth with as little downtime and complications as possible

Journeyman

I'm hoping someone does a write up on the Hardcore package, seems like a bunch were ordered so it would be nice to see how the install goes. Mine are ordered and I'm trying to get all the odds and ends coming so the install goes smooth with as little downtime and complications as possible

I will not be installing this package on my jku myself. I do what I can with the skills I have and what I've learned here of WAL, but I am not a trained mechanic by any means. I thought about this real hard but ultimately new I didn't want a big down time and wouldn't even have the time to begin with. I have a shop that's I trust and there honest, plus there's lots of little details that go along with this install and a few little nagging things I'm having taken care of while it's there.

tgoss

I ordered a set myself and after talking with Dynatrac a ton they are not doing anything custom with these axle sets. I couldn't even order them without suspension bracketry because I'll be doing DTD and high clearance long arms. You would think it would be a definite yes meaning less work on their part but they are just trying to pump these all through production so I would suggest just ordering a set and doing whatever you need to once you receive them.

If you are going to do high steer you'll need the steering arm for the left knuckle to run something like a double sheer set up like Evo's. Something you'll have to buy and add on.

If you order a spec'd axle set I would venture you're going to pay another 4-5k for the same thing roughly.

They did let me buy Dynaloc hubs to be installed at the same time so I guess that was a plus, however I had to buy them at full pop, not really considered an upgrade but they will be installed at the same time as assembly.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
You should be able to just order a set of the Dynatrac 4340 chromoly high steer arms when you order the axle, and also order the Evo Mfg dana 60 high steer kit, Evo Mfg PN 1086KIT from any Evo Mfg vendor. Before doing that you'll want to call Dynatrac and ask if both knuckles are machined and drilled for steering arms. If they are machined flat top knuckles that are pre-drilled to accept high steer arms, all you need to do is have the brackets that Dynatrac puts on the axle cut off and all your Evo DTD/high steer brackets welded on.

If Dynatrac won't change the options on their preconfigured axle package without significant extra cost, just buy the above parts and have it done on your own. Changing the brackets and steering setup would be fairly easy to do.

It's the same setup I have on my XD60 front axle, as do many others here.

Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 8.02.17 PM.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5703.jpg
    IMG_5703.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 416
Last edited:

The Cock Father

I too would like this! I have a set that should be here in a couple weeks and hope to have everything I need beforehand so I won't have any delays...

AdrockTT

Dynatrac led me away from high steer on my PR60 setup. I am going to be running Evo bolt on coilovers at 4-4.5" lift (est), but they seemed to think I shouldn't do the high steer setup for this lift height. Hope that was good info (right from their senior sales manager), but that's how I plan to run mine unless there's an issue...How many of you Dyna 60s guys are doing high steer?

rockwell

Just got my 37" Nittos and ordered some Hutchinsons with 5.25 BS. Going to run the ARB air lines, trim my fenders until I know how much coverage I need. Ordered some 3.5" springs to replace the 2.5". Going to trim my pinch seams and rock rails. Going to port and cap off my steering box. I'd like to order my driveshafts but it sounds like everyone recommends waiting until axles are installed and measuring, any thoughts?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Dynatrac led me away from high steer on my PR60 setup. I am going to be running Evo bolt on coilovers at 4-4.5" lift (est), but they seemed to think I shouldn't do the high steer setup for this lift height. Hope that was good info (right from their senior sales manager), but that's how I plan to run mine unless there's an issue...How many of you Dyna 60s guys are doing high steer?

Not sure why they would have told you that especially being that you're going to be running bolt on coil overs. So long as you have the correct bump stop extensions installed, you should be fine. Now, with a DTD, it's a different story and unless you notch your passenger side frame rail, your drag link would hit it with a high steer setup. We have this problem on Moby.

Just got my 37" Nittos and ordered some Hutchinsons with 5.25 BS. Going to run the ARB air lines, trim my fenders until I know how much coverage I need. Ordered some 3.5" springs to replace the 2.5". Going to trim my pinch seams and rock rails. Going to port and cap off my steering box. I'd like to order my driveshafts but it sounds like everyone recommends waiting until axles are installed and measuring, any thoughts?

I would wait as the amount of lift you actually get will change the length of the drive shaft you need. You may end up needing something shorter.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked

Let me know how this goes with the 5.25 wheels. The 60/60 combo is in my future and running 37's. I was thinking going around 4.5 so curious how it works for ya.

AdrockTT

Not sure why they would have told you that especially being that you're going to be running bolt on coil overs. So long as you have the correct bump stop extensions installed, you should be fine. Now, with a DTD, it's a different story and unless you notch your passenger side frame rail, your drag link would hit it with a high steer setup. We have this problem on Moby.

This gives me anxiety already about the steering setup...things are mid install now and I do not currently have the high steer in the works. I asked many times during the axle build too :hmm: I guess it'll be obvious if I end up with crazy bump steer? Would the planned hydro-assist change anything here?

Separate quick question - do you just call Evo to have that skid for the ram cylinder skid made to order?

highoctane

Caught the Bug
This gives me anxiety already about the steering setup...things are mid install now and I do not currently have the high steer in the works. I asked many times during the axle build too :hmm: I guess it'll be obvious if I end up with crazy bump steer? Would the planned hydro-assist change anything here?

Separate quick question - do you just call Evo to have that skid for the ram cylinder skid made to order?

You should not get bump steer just because you do t have high steer. The high steer puts the drag link and track bar on a more level plane, which improves steering geometry while also raising the tie rod up hi and out of the way if rocks. But without high steer, as long as your drag link and track bar are inline together at the same angle, you should not get bump steer.

AdrockTT

You should not get bump steer just because you do t have high steer. The high steer puts the drag link and track bar on a more level plane, which improves steering geometry while also raising the tie rod up hi and out of the way if rocks. But without high steer, as long as your drag link and track bar are inline together at the same angle, you should not get bump steer.

I guess dyna is just assuming I'll be able to get the drag link and track bar aligned without the flip...I'll post pics when it's further assembled and maybe everyone can help me assess the cost/benefit ratio for the flip. Thanks!

Journeyman

I guess dyna is just assuming I'll be able to get the drag link and track bar aligned without the flip...I'll post pics when it's further assembled and maybe everyone can help me assess the cost/benefit ratio for the flip. Thanks!

I'm under the impression that everything is already raised on the pr60 to accommodate 3-4" of lift. Including the knuckles and that there's no need to add a track bar raise bracket or to flip the drag link.

tgoss

Dynatrac isn't assuming anything. This axle is designed with their track bar bracket and steering arms to work with the tie rod provided with the kit and your factory drag link. I'm sure they don't take correct steering geometry lightly and developed this to work perfectly.

High Steer set up on this axle set is realistically only going to gain you additional clearance of the tie rod, but as Eddie stated, you'll likely need to notch the frame rails for the drag link.

Top Bottom