Hello from New Jersey I need Help

WillieM

Hi My Jeep Family
I have a big Problem on My 2007 Jeep wrangler Can anyone give me some tips. I bought the Jeep with a lift about 6" with new 37" Nitto tires i had and alignment done just in case it needed but now after driving the jeep 3000 miles into it is shaking on the from really bad it only dose it when i go over humps or uneven road, it will not do it on the HWY at all. I have this link video on Youtube maybe if anyone that knows about this stuff can give me some help i really will appreciate thank you..https://youtu.be/1upMZtfYT4c

TRLJNKY

Hi Willie! Welcome to WAL! Jump over to the Jeep Wayalife thread and give us a quick wave. As far as your issue goes. The bar you say is loose is your actual tie rod assembly. I personally think they seem pretty loose to me but others may chime in. The double steering stabilizers should have no effect on your shaking issue. I would be looking at my trac bar mounts, unit bearings, and ball joints for any play as well (Jack the front tires up and check for play). Some of the members that have experienced shaking (death wobble) should be able to chime in with more info. Be patient and hope we can help you find your issue.

sent from my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

scull20

Greetings from North Jersey.

The track bar could use some tightening. As mentioned above, take a look through the death wobble thread. Do you know the history of the vehicle at all? How long has that lift been on it? The tires seem new, but did it always have 37s? Ball Joints may be worn.

I'm not sure where you are in NJ, but if you're ever free and in North Jersey, we can throw it up on jack stands in my driveway and take a quick look.

f14framer

That looks like the same adjustable track bar I have. Those jam nuts should be torqued to 250-300 ftlbs with red loctite. That end being loose will vibrate inside the bar, wear out the threads and eventually pull out while u are driving causing you to lose control.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Greetings from North Jersey.

The track bar could use some tightening. As mentioned above, take a look through the death wobble thread. Do you know the history of the vehicle at all? How long has that lift been on it? The tires seem new, but did it always have 37s? Ball Joints may be worn.

I'm not sure where you are in NJ, but if you're ever free and in North Jersey, we can throw it up on jack stands in my driveway and take a quick look.

His bio says Vineland, that's south Jersey. I think his issue is most likely ball joints. He writes he gets the wobble from hitting bumps. OP, like others have said, you should jack it up and check for play in the wheel. Also, 6" lift is an awful lot. Can you give specs on your lift? It might help.

Amrth

Hi My Jeep Family
I have a big Problem on My 2007 Jeep wrangler Can anyone give me some tips. I bought the Jeep with a lift about 6" with new 37" Nitto tires i had and alignment done just in case it needed but now after driving the jeep 3000 miles into it is shaking on the from really bad it only dose it when i go over humps or uneven road, it will not do it on the HWY at all. I have this link video on Youtube maybe if anyone that knows about this stuff can give me some help i really will appreciate thank you..https://youtu.be/1upMZtfYT4c

Welcome aboard :beer: It looks like you've inherited someone's bad experiment. It would help us out with more information on the lift & steering setup that you have. Really hope you get this sorted asap.

DGcarlson

We just went through and fixed the same problem. We replaced the track bar and that did not do it. Then we looked at the holes that the track bar go into the axle and in the frame and both were worn out and oversized. Had new metal welded into place and drilled to the correct size and the problem is fixed

Top Bottom