Alignment issue/tire wear

el_chupo_

Hey all, no pics right now, cause thunderstorm...

But

I have a 12 Rubi, stock steering. Axle has Evo gussets, and running a Rancho 2" sport lift.

I had it aligned at a dealer after the lift, but I am getting bad tire wear, effectively what looks like positive camber wear, on the outside edge of the tire.

I have a set of Evo LCA's in the garage I was going to get on, then get it aligned again, but life has taken a hold and time has been hard to find.

So at this point I am thinking of getting a local shop to do both, but until I have time to make an appointment, any quick tips on what I should adjust? My guess is I need to bring my toe in a bit (as it looks like my wheels may be pointed out a bit, but I am not sure if this is just perspective), but just wanted to confirm. Otherwise, I will just let it go until I get some time, and deal with it then.

Thanks!

WJCO

Meme King
Improper toe angle will cause tire wear. It's rare that camber would be off on both sides, but check your ball joints to be safe.

el_chupo_

Improper toe angle will cause tire wear. It's rare that camber would be off on both sides, but check your ball joints to be safe.

That is why I was thinking it was an alignment (toe) issue. The odds of camber being off on both sides, or even both side ball joints having problems at the same time to cause issues would be relatively low.

Not sure if I will be able to get the jeep in the air to check the ball joints soon, but will do that too.

Top Bottom