Rear main seal 2014 rubicon jku

Carramrod

Anyone replace or have seen their tea seal replaced, I bought a jku rubicon 2014 with a salvaged title (i know) I'm very mechanically inclined...i work as a diesel mechanic in the navy. From what I see I need to drop the transmission on her in order for this deal to be replaced correct?

WJCO

Meme King
Anyone replace or have seen their tea seal replaced, I bought a jku rubicon 2014 with a salvaged title (i know) I'm very mechanically inclined...i work as a diesel mechanic in the navy. From what I see I need to drop the transmission on her in order for this deal to be replaced correct?

Welcome to Wayalife. What is a tea seal?

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Welcome to Wayalife. What is a tea seal?

b98085481a73a83be3fc6c1f25d2c504.jpg

aermotor

Don't have any info on the , but you are sure it's the real main? A lot of people mistake it because the front crank seal leaks so bad it drips down and gets sprayed all the way back there.

Carramrod

Yeah, the 2 rubber grommets are leaking the oil and she I removed them I saw it can from that seal area

JRUnlimited

Had mine replaced twice by the dealer (07 JKU). First time cost me. Second time was under warranty from the dealership.

dirtdonthurt

yea I guess im lucky haha. first time I noticed a leak during the winter when my jeep was filthy with road salt and snow. noticed a seep near the two inspection plugs.i cleaned it and monitored and brought to the dealer which originally thought it was the oil filter housing leaks. put dye in it and rove a while and was persistent with them about it so they changed. not to long after I saw the same leak again and was hoping it was just residual from the install. wrong it was leaking so I chalked that one to poor install. then they did the third and im keeping my fingers crossed. I haven't done one myself on this motor but from what I read the rms plate has pegs that fit into the motor and if they aren't aligned perfectly the rms doesn't install perfect and the seeping happens

Top Bottom