Jw Speaker tail lights VS amazon look alikes.

I bought a knockoff led light bar off amazon ages ago. It worked for about 30 days until it got rained on for the first time. Fogged up and bulbs started going out one by one. I will never buy another set of lights from an unknown company on amazon ever again.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I just don't get the "I'm ok buying a knockoff" mentality. If you want to buy a less expensive, original product from China then knock yourself out. IMHO though, if you are willing to buy a clear counterfeit or knockoff to save a little money, then you can eat a bowl of donkey dicks.

The protection of intellectual property is one of the things that makes this country great. The absence of it is one of the things that makes China suck ass. When you buy a counterfeit or knockoff, you are both feeding the monster that is destroying us and slapping the faces of the American ingenuity that came up with the product in the first place.

davidc128

The protection of intellectual property is one of the things that makes this country great. The absence of it is one of the things that makes China suck ass. When you buy a counterfeit or knockoff, you are both feeding the monster that is destroying us and slapping the faces of the American ingenuity that came up with the product in the first place.

MERICA!![emoji631]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

deezus

I'm looking to upgrade my tail lights. Found these on amazon View attachment 250488 for under $100

And the jw speaker tail lights for 285.

Anyone have any luck with the amazon ones? I'm definitely not on a budget build. But things as simple as tail lights I would consider the cheaper option.

Any cons with the Amazon versions

I am running some like this by lite way. They are fine and Im also running the headlights too. The taillights come with resistors and I have no issues with either of them. The only thing is on the headlights you have zip tie all plugs.

rubiconrunner

I just don't get the "I'm ok buying a knockoff" mentality. If you want to buy a less expensive, original product from China then knock yourself out. IMHO though, if you are willing to buy a clear counterfeit or knockoff to save a little money, then you can eat a bowl of donkey dicks.

According to the original post I was asking opinion on differences. When I built my rig, I bought every last piece of equipment from an AMERICAN company.

So I'm guessing you haven't used any other manufacturers that make their shit in china? What wheels do you have on your rig?

Mikecal9985

I have a pair of tail lights that Emmy wife got for me off amazon and I love them! No condensation problems at all...I've had them on for a couple years now down here in Florida, so you know we get a shit ton of rain in the summer months...like some said in previous posts, I did zip tie the connections together just in case. I understand it's great to buy American made products and all but when there is a significant dollar amount in difference, I just don't see how the US made one can charge that much more for essentially the same exact product. Just my .02

davidc128

I just don't see how the US made one can charge that much more for essentially the same exact product. Just my .02

Because its NOT essentially the same exact product! Just because it looks the same on the outside doesnt mean its built the same inside... u may get lucky and buy a knock off that last years but even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then

Hammmerhead

Xs3975s.jpg

J

JKDream

Because its NOT essentially the same exact product! Just because it looks the same on the outside doesnt mean its built the same inside... u may get lucky and buy a knock off that last years but even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then

Kind of ironic considering they both use the same LEDs from China, and the JWs have condensation issues according to the only person in the thread who owns an authentic set.

JW Speaker doesn't warranty condensation by the way.
https://www.jwspeaker.com/blog/headlight-condensation-3/

I also don't see anything on their website that states Made in the USA.
There's some clever wordplay similar to Teraflex.
"We specialize in LED & other emerging lighting technologies and proudly design, manufacture & assemble our products in Germantown, Wisconsin."
I'm pretty sure based on what Eddie has mentioned previously this doesn't mean it's Made in the USA.
Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikecal9985

I get what you're saying, hopefully the good ole USofA can start making some quality product that don't cost an arm and a leg. I mean $500-700 for a pair of headlights is a little outrageous. Now when it comes to axles and all that kind of stuff, I understand paying top dollar for something that's made here.

J

JKDream

I get what you're saying, hopefully the good ole USofA can start making some quality product that don't cost an arm and a leg. I mean $500-700 for a pair of headlights is a little outrageous. Now when it comes to axles and all that kind of stuff, I understand paying top dollar for something that's made here.

Agreed.
I'll take a Dynatrac axle all day long over a Teraflex even if it's significantly more expensive.
Something generic like lights? I don't agree with paying a brand who is charging ridiculous margins to their customers.
It's the same idea as Rigid - how many people on this forum are using genuine Rigid pods versus the cheapo alternates?
I wouldn't be surprised if people knocking the off-brand lights are running some Amazon pods.
But this is somehow different because it's a headlight or taillight.

Mikecal9985

Everyone in America wants to make a big salary, but doesn't want to pay another American for anything.

It's not that Americans don't want to pay Americans for anything, it's just some pricing on things has gotten way out of hand. I'm sure if the prices of things made here differed $100-150 from the things made over seas, it would be much easier to buy American. But when you're talking about $4-500 difference, that's a good chunk of change in my book.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
It's not that Americans don't want to pay Americans for anything, it's just some pricing on things has gotten way out of hand. I'm sure if the prices of things made here differed $100-150 from the things made over seas, it would be much easier to buy American. But when you're talking about $4-500 difference, that's a good chunk of change in my book.

It's all good...until they outsource your job.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
According to the original post I was asking opinion on differences. When I built my rig, I bought every last piece of equipment from an AMERICAN company.

So I'm guessing you haven't used any other manufacturers that make their shit in china? What wheels do you have on your rig?

Lighten up Francis, and learn how to fucking read. First, I wasn't calling you (or anyone else in particular) out. Second, like I said, I really don't care if you spend your money on something original that happens to be made somewhere else. What I do care about is people who buy knockoffs and/or counterfeits of existing products. In my book, the copying company is basically stealing from the company who had the original idea. If you send them money, you are helping support the theft. I remember many years ago some people were all excited because they could buy an ARB snorkel clone on Amazon for less than half the price. Those people should be forced to gag on donkey dicks for the remainder of their sad existences, but I digress.

Finally, I have OEM Rubicon wheels on my rig. When I buy new wheels, I will buy them from whomever makes the wheel I like the best. What I won't do, however, is find a wheel I like and then search out some cheap ass clone of the same wheel simply to save a buck or two. I like to reward hard work, ingenuity, and entrepreneurial risk...not some schmuck (foreign or domestic) who knows how to trace, copy someone else's c.a.d., or reverse-engineer.

Lighten up Francis, and learn how to fucking read. First, I wasn't calling you (or anyone else in particular) out. Second, like I said, I really don't care if you spend your money on something original that happens to be made somewhere else. What I do care about is people who buy knockoffs and/or counterfeits of existing products. In my book, the copying company is basically stealing from the company who had the original idea. If you send them money, you are helping support the theft. I remember many years ago some people were all excited because they could buy an ARB snorkel clone on Amazon for less than half the price. Those people should be forced to gag on donkey dicks for the remainder of their sad existences, but I digress.

Finally, I have OEM Rubicon wheels on my rig. When I buy new wheels, I will buy them from whomever makes the wheel I like the best. What I won't do, however, is find a wheel I like and then search out some cheap ass clone of the same wheel simply to save a buck or two. I like to reward hard work, ingenuity, and entrepreneurial risk...not some schmuck (foreign or domestic) who knows how to trace, copy someone else's c.a.d., or reverse-engineer.

Mic drop

Mikecal9985

It's all good...until they outsource your job.

Sir all I'm saying is that if things made here were a little cheaper, people would buy that product instead of looking elsewhere for something cheaper even though the quality might not be as good. If prices were lower on the materials, production, and product itself, people would start buying and buying and consequently eliminating the need to outsource.

Top Bottom