Winch cover or no?

Breer

Caught the Bug
I just bought the Zeon winch "rope" cover. The little piece of plastic that covers the drum only. I remembered seeing in this thread that they were a pain and didn't fit, also all the reviews on pretty much every website say the same thing. I didn't want the fading cover so I gave it a shot. For what it's worth, it fit first try. Huge PITA to get on but, it's there. I have the Zeon 10-S. Just figured I would throw it out there.

Also, when I spooled the rope on I had the jeep on flat ground and pulled the jeep towards an anchor point while it was in neutral. Wasn't uphill and not much of a load but I guess it was enough.

IMG_1720.JPG

WJCO

Meme King
I just bought the Zeon winch "rope" cover. The little piece of plastic that covers the drum only. I remembered seeing in this thread that they were a pain and didn't fit, also all the reviews on pretty much every website say the same thing. I didn't want the fading cover so I gave it a shot. For what it's worth, it fit first try. Huge PITA to get on but, it's there. I have the Zeon 10-S. Just figured I would throw it out there.

Also, when I spooled the rope on I had the jeep on flat ground and pulled the jeep towards an anchor point while it was in neutral. Wasn't uphill and not much of a load but I guess it was enough.

Thanks for posting that. Glad you got it on. I love how clean it looks. I really wanted one but I heard so many people having issues getting in on. I have a 100 foot rope on mine and my wife has an 80, so maybe we'll try it on hers sometime, may be easier. Of course with her winch being recessed, it wouldn't show much anyways.

Breer

Caught the Bug
Thanks for posting that. Glad you got it on. I love how clean it looks. I really wanted one but I heard so many people having issues getting in on. I have a 100 foot rope on mine and my wife has an 80, so maybe we'll try it on hers sometime, may be easier. Of course with her winch being recessed, it wouldn't show much anyways.

Mine is 100ft also. It's not making contact with the line or anything, it was just hard to get on because it doesn't bend at all... I needed a screw driver to get the tabs in place. I bet it would be a challenge to get the lower tabs in place on a recessed winch.

You can tell where I put the instructions but maybe easier to understand what I'm saying.

Image1483984257.026031.jpg

Top Bottom