Burnsville Offroad - Out of business?

ben@badassjeeps

I was looking at their website the other day (contemplating their Hemi kit) and after April 1st their site was down. Thought it was maybe an April fools thing, but the site still appears down. Anyone know what's up?

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
If I recall correctly, Burnsville Off-road went out of business several years ago. From what I remember reading, there were no reliability issues with their Hemi conversions, but none of them would pass state inspections. I believe they now do business under the Dakota Customs name.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If I recall correctly, Burnsville Off-road went out of business several years ago. From what I remember reading, there were no reliability issues with their Hemi conversions, but none of them would pass state inspections. I believe they now do business under the Dakota Customs name.

Their installs and harnesses were garbage. All kinds of issues. I was on the trail with a jeep they built and it was motor is after motor issue.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Their installs and harnesses were garbage. All kinds of issues. I was on the trail with a jeep they built and it was motor is after motor issue.

Never realized that. I wasn't too familiar with the company, but have to agree if they have to change their name every few years, probably not a reputable company. It honestly boggles my mind that if someone were to drop the coin on a V8 conversion, why they wouldn't just go with a reputable company like MoTec or AEV if they insist on a Hemi. The engine doesn't seem like something Id want to experiment with at a no name company like, who was that, Bruiser I believe. :crazy_eyes:

Top Bottom