2.5 lift kit

SilverBack775

I'm looking for the best 2.5 lift for my 2015 jk unlimited rubicon. I found a Quadratec 2.5 cool spring with fox shocks. For around $600. Does anyone have any experience with these? What lift do you you prefer? I need advice please!!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jmedgar

No experience with that specific lift, but I went with a more affordable (around $700 with shocks) 2.5 coil lift thinking I'd save some money and honestly I would go a different route next time. You def get what you pay for. It rides rough and things like brake line brackets and trackbar brackets all seem cheap and low quality. Also, if you want things lined up correctly you'll want a front trackbar. I wish I had saved and done a better more complete setup. Also there are a lot of threads already covering lifts so I'd give a search and learn as much as you can.

Eezybreezy08

Just go with a 2 in leveling kit from evo or rancho and throw a 3/4 puck in the front to give you a little more. At least that's what I did and I like it. Plus I think the rancho with the rs 9000 shocks is around 500-600$ but don't quote me exactly on that

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I installed the Teraflex 2.5in coil lift and have been happy with it. Another one to consider is the EVO. Read some very good reviews about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I thought I liked my terraflex lift as well, until I rode on the evo springs 3 weeks after I installed my lift. Yea hatted the stiffness and how harsh they rode ever since

jeepbn

I installed the Teraflex 2.5in coil lift and have been happy with it. Another one to consider is the EVO. Read some very good reviews about it.

Just installed mine yesterday and I'm happy with it so far. Haven't had it off road yet but the install was pretty easy. Hardest part was those damn exhaust spacers.

16 JKU 6MT
Granite Crystal Metallic

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm looking for the best 2.5 lift for my 2015 jk unlimited rubicon. I found a Quadratec 2.5 cool spring with fox shocks. For around $600. Does anyone have any experience with these? What lift do you you prefer? I need advice please!!!

So you know, MOST 2.5" coil lifts will yield well over 3" of lift. At that height, you will need to address things like your sway bar link if the kit you're looking at doesn't come with new ones and brake line extension brackets at least for the rear. Even if the kit comes with new rear links so that you can install your factory rear links up front, you need to be aware that the later can still be too short especially on a Rubicon. When disconnected and flexing, short links can hyper extend and fold over your tie-rod. Also, unless the shocks you're getting are short enough to help prevent your front drive shaft from making contact with your exhaust cross over, you will ruin the slip shaft boot. Of course, this is the least of your problems as your taller stance will put your front drive shaft in a steep enough angle to cause your CV boot at the output shaft to be in a constant state of pinch. Sooner than later, this will cause the boot to fail along with the bearings inside.

With all that said and assuming you're on a budget, I would recommend getting a 2.5" coil spacer lift as that will get you to the exact height you're wanting, address most of the problems listed above and can be had for cheap. Otherwise, I would recommend you look at more complete 2.5"-3" coil lift.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I thought I liked my terraflex lift as well, until I rode on the evo springs 3 weeks after I installed my lift. Yea hatted the stiffness and how harsh they rode ever since

It's always hard to know how good or bad something like a lift is when you have nothing to compare it to.

Wethy

So you know, MOST 2.5" coil lifts will yield well over 3" of lift. At that height, you will need to address things like your sway bar link if the kit you're looking at doesn't come with new ones and brake line extension brackets at least for the rear. Even if the kit comes with new rear links so that you can install your factory rear links up front, you need to be aware that the later can still be too short especially on a Rubicon. When disconnected and flexing, short links can hyper extend and fold over your tie-rod. Also, unless the shocks you're getting are short enough to help prevent your front drive shaft from making contact with your exhaust cross over, you will ruin the slip shaft boot. Of course, this is the least of your problems as your taller stance will put your front drive shaft in a steep enough angle to cause your CV boot at the output shaft to be in a constant state of pinch. Sooner than later, this will cause the boot to fail along with the bearings inside.

With all that said and assuming you're on a budget, I would recommend getting a 2.5" coil spacer lift as that will get you to the exact height you're wanting, address most of the problems listed above and can be had for cheap. Otherwise, I would recommend you look at more complete 2.5"-3" coil lift.
Im with eddie as i have experienced this first hand. I have a rubicon express 2.5" coil lift that i installed in November of 2015 so i didnt get any wheeling in before the spring and by the time may rolled around and i had already torn the CV boot. And id only been out wheeling once(although that probly didnt help) Definitely something to watch out for.

Sahara_Maverick

It's always hard to know how good or bad something like a lift is when you have nothing to compare it to.
It's a very good point. In my case I only had my JKU's factory suspension. I tried the Rubicon springs but that did not lift and I did not feel a difference from my Sahara's original one.
The Rubicon shocks felt better.

The Teraflex kit I got came with Bilstein shocks, which did not impress me, if compared to the Rubicon's. I feel my Jeep sways more with the Bilsteins. The Rubicon shocks gave it a more firm ride.

I've been thinking about the Fox since the time to change shocks is coming. Any other good ones to check?

My JKU is also my DD and I do not do crawling. Mostly overlanding with the occasional rough trails where the sliders and even the modified Kongo rack saved the body from rocks and tree branches.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Taking our time and, a trip to the hardware store and a little trouble with the exhaust spacers. Took about 8 hours.

16 JKU 6MT
Granite Crystal Metallic
I was being a smartass. I was implying that 1 day isn't alot of time to build an opinion. But putting a lift on in 8 hrs is pretty good, especially if its your 1st go at it. And exhaust spacer can be a B if there is any rust or mud on that exhaust.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeepbn

I was being a smartass. I was implying that 1 day isn't alot of time to build an opinion. But putting a lift on in 8 hrs is pretty good, especially if its your 1st go at it. And exhaust spacer can be a B if there is any rust or mud on that exhaust.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app
Tell me about it. I'm just glad I bought new and didn't wait to do the lift... Haha.

And I know it's not much time. It's a noticeable difference, but I'll hold off on making judgments for now.

16 JKU 6MT
Granite Crystal Metallic

f14framer

I had the Teraflex 2.5 on my sport with their shocks and hated how stiff it was. Especially with our interstates in my area, bumps all over that would try to throw me into the other lane.

timberwoof

I've been hearing this about the Teraflex springs, how harsh they are compared to the EVO and Metalcloak springs. Why do you think they make them that much stiffer?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I've been hearing this about the Teraflex springs, how harsh they are compared to the EVO and Metalcloak springs. Why do you think they make them that much stiffer?

Couldn't tell you what makes them stiffer homestly. Maybe it's the windings in the coil and how tightly they are spin together.

As for evo and metalcloak I think there is no comparison. While metalcloak did feel softer that terraflex, to me the amount was minimal. Maybe it's cause the Jeep I rode in was heavy so it weighted it down more or it was the shocks paired with it, I'm not sure. Only was in one Jeep with their springs.

Now for evo I honestly think these are the softest On the market from what I have rode in (I'm told rancho is identical to them. There standard spring, not the new progressive rate). They were smooth over every bump and handled well thru corners on the street.

Top Bottom