Dynatrac Pro Steers, questions

deezus

Just installed my Pro Steers on one side. I'm noticing a gap at the top ball joint. I followed the directions and I wanted to get your feedback to make sure I'm good before doing other side. 20170422_094434.jpg 20170422_094424.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

deezus

Looks like it isn't fully seated in the taper.
Did you use a wrench to tighten them?
An impact is usually pretty good at seating it.
That's what I thought too. The directions say to torque upper to 35, then torque lower to 70. Then go back and torque upper to 70. So that's why I need some input. And if I go higher castle nuts cotter pin will be useless.

Last edited:

bholder817

I just went out looked at mine. I have the same gap without any issue. So I would assume they are good. But hopefully someone with more experience will chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
From the ones I have seen the gap looks normal. But... not to hijack the thread. I just greased mine for the first time and a "sleeve" pushed down from the upper on one side as I greased it but not on the other. What is normal? You can see a difference in the diameter of the shank between the 2 sides. IMG_0363.jpg
IMG_0364.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
Just installed my Pro Steers on one side. I'm noticing a gap at the top ball joint. I followed the directions and I wanted to get your feedback to make sure I'm good before doing other side. View attachment 254561 View attachment 254562

I have the Rancho high steer knuckles and that's how mine look, I've had them on for awhile now and just got back from EJS ..no issues

if you were to remove the boots from the stock ball joints, they would look similar

Last edited:
Top Bottom