ATX757 beadlocks

zimm

Caught the Bug
I'm thinking about buying a set. Are the silver ones bare aluminum? I like the look, especially since I have a silver jeep, but I don't want them to look like ass. Maybe black will be better for 'hose 'em off" maintenance.

Will the TPMS sensors fit in one of the holes to keep my light off?

fiend

Caught the Bug
I have the chamber pro IIs and like them a lot. Yes the silver is bare aluminum. It will probably start oxidizing and look less shiny, especially if you live in the northeast or other place with weather. I ended up having mine powder coated. The coating on the rings gets scratched up but whatever. That's to be expected. One thing though, ATX does not offer center caps for these wheels. That could bother some, others may not care.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I think black will be the way to go. I learned my lesson in the 90's when it was cool to run bare aluminum wheel lips on sport bikes. I wasted many hours with metal polish and a rag before finally shooting them with paint.

Stock lug nuts still work?

Don't care about center caps.

Still need to learn if the TPMS sensors will fit.

I figure I can have a shop dismount my tires, then mount the beadlocks myself, and take them in for balancing.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I think black will be the way to go. I learned my lesson in the 90's when it was cool to run bare aluminum wheel lips on sport bikes. I wasted many hours with metal polish and a rag before finally shooting them with paint.

Stock lug nuts still work?

Don't care about center caps.

Still need to learn if the TPMS sensors will fit.

I figure I can have a shop dismount my tires, then mount the beadlocks myself, and take them in for balancing.

Yes the stock lug nuts work fine. TPMS too. Make sure not to use thread locker on the ring bolts. Find a tire place that's experienced with beadlocks. Many of the chain places won't touch them.

Top Bottom