LONG ROAD TO THE HAMMERS : A Behind the Scene Look of the 2013 King at the Hammers

GCM 2

Every Man Challenge is another option. That only takes a vehicle that falls into one of their classes and an entry fee.

I gotta say, I like your enthusiasm :rock:......however, even in the "stock class"/EMC, there was not one vehicle that even resembled stock. Even the cheapest builds add up $$$$ very quickly. The race takes more than just just a vehicle that meets the minimum class rules; it takes really strong parts, a rig that has been built with zero weak spots, skilled pilot/co-pilot, a good bit of pre-running to learn the potential course and shake out the vehicles gremlins, and lastly, but perhaps most importantly- a very lucky day. :thumb: Remember, out of 26 race cars that started on Thursday's stock class race, only 1 finished. Everyone else broke!

1BAMFR

I have questions about the HEMI in a JK....

Can you keep a 6spd. Tranny with the Hemi?

Can we run a standard Rubi 4:1 transfer case with a Hemi?

I know they offer a 5.7, 6.1, 6.4, and strokers, does the tranny options change w/ each motor?

GCM 2

I know they offer a 5.7, 6.1, 6.4, and strokers, does the tranny options change w/ each motor?

It can all be done, its just more fab work that gets pricey

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Yes, you can run a manual with a HEMI but, aside from AEV, I only know of one other person to who have done it. As far as performance goes, it's badass - way nicer than an auto as there is no programming to get in the way. I'm not 100% sure but, I'm pretty sure the manual is off a Dakota.

1BAMFR

Yes, you can run a manual with a HEMI but, aside from AEV, I only know of one other person to who have done it. As far as performance goes, it's badass - way nicer than an auto as there is no programming to get in the way. I'm not 100% sure but, I'm pretty sure the manual is off a Dakota.

Thanks for the info.!

How would our transfer cases bolt up to a Dakota tranny?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the info.!

How would our transfer cases bolt up to a Dakota tranny?

You can adapt just about anything but the real question you should be asking yourself is "should you do it"? I would argue, no. With that much power, I would recommend that you install an Atlas.

1BAMFR

You can adapt just about anything but the real question you should be asking yourself is "should you do it"? I would argue, no. With that much power, I would recommend that you install an Atlas.

OR.....I could slap a turbo on the stock motor for alot less money then a Hemi swap which is $25k+++++

FallonJeeper

I gotta say, I like your enthusiasm :rock:......however, even in the "stock class"/EMC, there was not one vehicle that even resembled stock. Even the cheapest builds add up $$$$ very quickly. The race takes more than just just a vehicle that meets the minimum class rules; it takes really strong parts, a rig that has been built with zero weak spots, skilled pilot/co-pilot, a good bit of pre-running to learn the potential course and shake out the vehicles gremlins, and lastly, but perhaps most importantly- a very lucky day. :thumb: Remember, out of 26 race cars that started on Thursday's stock class race, only 1 finished. Everyone else broke!

Nobody said anything about finishing/winning. I was just pointing out that you could race the EMC without having to qualify throughout the year or at LCQ.

You're correct, finishing the EMC takes a tough vehicle. If you can finish the EMC you could probably do well in the KOH.

Chiromancer

Long Road to the Hammers - A Behind the Scene Look of the 2013 King at the Hammers

Like I said, Jim didn't fit the race car and I fit both the race car and Jim's race suit.....so the choice was only obvious!

Hah! What a lucky day for you! Sometimes you just have to man up and go racing!

Hopefully, I'll be more worried about a copilot in a couple years than what still needs done to my rig!

Beyrgut

I think my favorite part was "where's the snorkel" in the background. Another great video from the WOL crew.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you who are Vimeo fans, I'm happy to say that you can now watch it there as well:

Insanerubicon

Long Road to the Hammers - A Behind the Scene Look of the 2013 King at the Hammers

How do I go about being a racer in next years KING OF THE HAMMERS?????????????

Insanerubicon

Lacking lots of money and fame right now... But that's what 5 year plans are for... So far, I got the Jeep and a good paying job, the rest will just fall into place as the time passes:-D

I feel the same as you as far as wanting to be a part of this race. I myself has been an aggressive offroader for years now but because of work and lack of options in my area it's hard to pull something like this off or be apart of as far as being in an event like this.

GCM 2

Any chance would could be seeing as equal for 2014??

Nope, not a chance :sigh: The Wayalife Film crew was unable to attend this year's race. It was a noticeable absence too, and not just because there is always a camera filming around the pits or on the course, but Wayoflife and CarsonCindy are considered active and valuable members of the Race Team that do so much more than just capture awesome footage. :rock: There are more races this year, let's hope the Wayalife Crew can attend some of those!

Top Bottom