Random Photos

For_Some_Safety.jpg

And yet he bought a Nissan?!?! Tsk. Tsk.

Those are built in the Smyrna, Tennessee ;)

You'd be surprised how many "American" cars have parts sourced from overseas. Way more than should be allowed. Perfect example is my work van, which is a Ford Transit Connect. They are built in India and shipped over here complete. All Transit Connect cargo vans arrive on the LA docks as passenger vans with seats and all. However because the taxes are so much cheaper on passenger mini vans they build them all as mini vans and once they hit the docks and are inspected and the tax applied, they are brought to a building on the docks where they take the whole rear section of the van apart and they ship the parts back to India to be reused on another shipment.
I believe as of this year the government put a stop to that. But its been that way for years.

rox-n-mud

Those are built in the Smyrna, Tennessee ;)

You'd be surprised how many "American" cars have parts sourced from overseas. Way more than should be allowed. Perfect example is my work van, which is a Ford Transit Connect. They are built in India and shipped over here complete. All Transit Connect cargo vans arrive on the LA docks as passenger vans with seats and all. However because the taxes are so much cheaper on passenger mini vans they build them all as mini vans and once they hit the docks and are inspected and the tax applied, they are brought to a building on the docks where they take the whole rear section of the van apart and they ship the parts back to India to be reused on another shipment.
I believe as of this year the government put a stop to that. But its been that way for years.

The real difference you're not pointing out is where the profits end up. They may have the same number of foreign parts, they may be built here by American workers but the money gets sent to japan. I'd rather push my jeep than drive a rice burner.

The real difference you're not pointing out is where the profits end up. They may have the same number of foreign parts, they may be built here by American workers but the money gets sent to japan. I'd rather push my jeep than drive a rice burner.

:thinking: Ummmm Jeep is wholly owned subsidiary of Italian multinational automaker Fiat. And just so you have your facts straight... 2014 Jeep Wrangler JK is only (4dr) 73% and (2dr) 72% America made.

I however would still rather have my Jeep :)

http://wot.motortrend.com/1402_top_10_trucks_vans_suvs_with_most_north_american_parts_content.html?__federated=1

spinuck

Hmmm, you'd rather stuff the pockets of rich Americans who build their cars overseas rather than support the American workers? :thinking: I'd rather give the average American meaningful employment, regardless of who runs the company.

but yeah, I still bought a Jeep =P

Panda

Hmmm, you'd rather stuff the pockets of rich Americans who build their cars overseas rather than support the American workers? :thinking: I'd rather give the average American meaningful employment, regardless of who runs the company.

but yeah, I still bought a Jeep =P

Jeeps are built in Ohio by American workers Chrysler is still in Michigan, profits are shared between Chrysler LLC & fiat Italy for now :yup:

jelliott076

Ok this is a bit weird. I came down the stairs and the sun was shining just right on my wife's Thomas Kincaid picture.

ForumRunner_20140731_205343.png

Check out the kreepy Iron Maiden face

Top Bottom