Random Photos

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
At first glance I thought that was the I-94 pileup from earlier this winter... I'm surprised to see this happen now so far south. I'm guessing the area got hit with a random late season storm?

Yeah, Wyoming always gets snow. I've seen it snow every month of the year except for July.

Mad Mac

Pretty good pile up on interstate I80 here in wyoming.

It looks like they had limited visibility, came over an overpass, downhill in the snow and piled up until traffic could see them on top of the overpass. What I don't understand is why someone in the first vehicles does not run back up the road to high ground to stop traffic. Or why someone in the opposite lane did not pullover and run across the median to flag down the traffic. Why is that bastard taking video instead of flagging down traffic?

Zstairlessone

It looks like they had limited visibility, came over an overpass, downhill in the snow and piled up until traffic could see them on top of the overpass. What I don't understand is why someone in the first vehicles does not run back up the road to high ground to stop traffic. Or why someone in the opposite lane did not pullover and run across the median to flag down the traffic. Why is that bastard taking video instead of flagging down traffic?

Or if they are all in trucks why aren't they on the CB warning each other??

Or if they are all in trucks why aren't they on the CB warning each other??

The simple and truthful answer is that nobody uses them anymore unless it's to talk shit. I seldom even turn mine on anymore just so I don't have to hear the trash talk from some clown that hides behind a microphone, a lot like social media sadly.

olram30

Usually any sign of ice over Elk Mountain and they'd lock it down. I've spent many a weekend shut down in Laramie or Rawlins because it was closed.

Yeah, really weird they didn't shut it down. Same goes for wind, those 65+ gusts are a bitch to drive a jeep in. You see trailers getting pushed into your lane is scary also. Driving back from Colorado last week and I had a good scare.

Yeah, really weird they didn't shut it down. Same goes for wind, those 65+ gusts are a bitch to drive a jeep in. You see trailers getting pushed into your lane is scary also. Driving back from Colorado last week and I had a good scare.

They've loosened the restrictions a lot. Just in the last few years they've started allowing trucks to throw chains over the sisters out by Bridger when they used to close it.
And the wind? A 65mph gust thru one of the draws will blow a loaded truck over. People are so used to it being closed in the past that they take it for granted when it isn't.

olram30

They've loosened the restrictions a lot. Just in the last few years they've started allowing trucks to throw chains over the sisters out by Bridger when they used to close it.
And the wind? A 65mph gust thru one of the draws will blow a loaded truck over. People are so used to it being closed in the past that they take it for granted when it isn't.

Wind sucks bad, it blew me into the other lane and wasn't fun trying not to overcorrect it. I think a little pee came out.

Wardell

I hate to say it, but it's a bad idea to try to wave to people from the edge of the road to get them to stop for one of the same problems that caused the accident: limited visibility. If they can't see the pileup forming, they probably aren't going to see a person until they're right up on you, and that's assuming they can figure out what you're waving your arms about. You could be putting yourself in harms way and not really be helping the situation.

Unless you have road flares that you can lay out (or a similar indicator that is easy to understand), your best place is to be well away from the road (in case a vehicle's gas tank explodes) and on the phone to report this to 911. Or if you're qualified in First Aid, go back once it's safe to do so and help the people who were hurt.

Would be cool with a early Ford V8(like pre 49) or some speed equipment on that banger. Love those old tubs

Looks more like a 23. Def not a 28 tho

Top Bottom