Rock Lights - Walmart Platinum Burner Installation Write-Up

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm decisions decisions. Not sure it's enough light and mounting is hard on a two door as it is.

These work well enough but without question, nothing I've seen out there puts out the kind of clean and evenly distributed light the way the standard Platinum Burners do.

pvanweelden

How about these?
12 of the 9 watt eagle eye led's mounted to the body mounts
1398488659300.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
Here's a shot with my new Anzo waist lights on too...

View attachment 80435

I've been waiting for that shot of the Anzos. Light in middle looks great! But guessing they don't shoot enough light to also use as rock lights. :thinking: I wish I had time to address electrical/lights before the Rubicon, but just don't think there are enough free weekends. Definitely something I need to learn though so I can do the various light locations.

Chevy Dave

Great thread. I definitely need to do this.
Here in the Wisconsin backwoods we call these sneak lights because poachers use them to sneak around the woods at night

OllllllllO Instagram @LucyTheJeep

SaddleTramp

Great thread, one of the next projects on my list.

I've never seen anyone with a rock light setup in person on a JK, could you all give any insight to where these are mounted (front, mid and rear) or give any pics of the mounting locations.

I know Eddie has posted a few pictures in the past of the fronts and looks like most of you are mounting them in the front of the fender wells with the lights pointed back towards the tires (?) but haven't seen any other pics of the fronts, mid frame and rear mounted.

Thanks for any help and/or ideas!

ShadowBlade72

I really like those Anzo waist lights. Maybe I missed it, but what model are they? Are they the "Bed Liner/Rock Crawling" string lights?

akimjeep2895

relay

If i were to run just a pair of these Walmart rock lights on the front, will I need to run a relay? The kit does not come with one. I will be using a 20 amp daystar switch

gtony12

Caught the Bug
If i were to run just a pair of these Walmart rock lights on the front, will I need to run a relay? The kit does not come with one. I will be using a 20 amp daystar switch

You don't have too but if you plan on adding more later I would wire once and add relay now.
I wire up lights allot and I am a little on over kill. I run 14g or 12 g wire for all my light and relay. Just incase I add more or decide to use wire for something else I dont need to keep pulling or replacing wire. But this is just my way of thinking. :what:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

akimjeep2895

You don't have too but if you plan on adding more later I would wire once and add relay now.
I wire up lights allot and I am a little on over kill. I run 14g or 12 g wire for all my light and relay. Just incase I add more or decide to use wire for something else I dont need to keep pulling or replacing wire. But this is just my way of thinking. :what:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

When you say if i decide to add more lights, you mean add more lights to this switch right?

StuntJK

I thought this idea was right up my alley. Cheap and effective. I went out to Wally World and got the set, wired it up, and ready to go. Next day went out to Prentice Cooper, sunk myself in a puddle, and now my WW lights are flooded with muddy water. For $20, the rock lights were great....just didn't hold up. Great write up though for sure. I say it's still a great a great mod. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409515944.676420.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409515962.327983.jpg

Top Bottom