LoD Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited Signature Series Rock Sliders Installation Write-Up

Bessie

This will probably be my next project. Waiting on my LoD Rear bumper and tire carrier before making another purchase.

dahreno

Banned
I really want these rocker guards but , they will not fit my 6" pro comp long arm suspension as the rear mounts go right where the rear lower links are . I spoke to them about a modification to the rear mount , to mount them to the body mount instead , and they won't do it .I hate to spend the kind of money they want for them , then have to modify them .

TX_JK

I ordered these Rock Sliders for my JK today. Instead of drilling and tapping all those holes in the frame i'm going to weld mine to the frame. Yes its a more permanent solution but i don't like the bolt heads on the bottom side of the frame. I can easily see getting caught up on those. I will take pics when i get them welded up.

Big-T

@ Eddy (wonderful write-up on these) and anyone that has came across this before. Since you have ran Full traction in the past got a question. Do you think the LoD rock sliders for a JKU will fit with Full traction 4" Long arm frame Brackets? Looking at the photo's on the write up I am unsure as to the exact points on the frame, the rear looks good but the front not to sure with FT's Control arm bracket.

CCTX50

Did you mount them by welding?

I ordered these Rock Sliders for my JK today. Instead of drilling and tapping all those holes in the frame i'm going to weld mine to the frame. Yes its a more permanent solution but i don't like the bolt heads on the bottom side of the frame. I can easily see getting caught up on those. I will take pics when i get them welded up.

I was wondering if you ever mounted the LOD Sliders? I am about to order me some and was thinking of welding them on as well. How did it work out for you? Did you use any of the bolts on the side of the frame? PICS???!!!!

quartermileracer

LoD Sliders

I will soon be installing my set. Are torque values available for the frame rail bolts? I'm a bit hesitant to really crank down on them since the frame wall is only 1/4 inch thick. Any tightening advice at all would be welcome.

Thanks!

StrizzyChris

I never found torque specs and for the same reason you mentioned I hand torqued them to my level of comfort. Luckily no stripped spots on the frame.

Elon99

Lisle Tap Sockets make this project MUCH easier

I installed these on my 2013 JK Rubicon and love these LoD Sliders, but to make this a much easier install, I would recommend that you pick up a set of Lisle Tap Sockets as they will make your life 1000x easier when you have to tap all of the holes into the frame for this project. I can't imagine how much longer it would have taken if I had to use a crescent wrench as shown in some of the pics. I found the tap sockets that I bought on Amazon for around $30 for a set.

MarkW13

These are on my list. Thanks for the pictures. It helps to see the real world install vs. a manufacturers rendering. My wife is complaining a ton and I've got 35's with 2" spacers. She's gonna be really grumpy when it gets the real lift with 37's.

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
Lod rock slider

The part that is covering the wranglers bodies seam. My question does anyone no where to buy? Or was it homemade? image.jpg

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Just installed a set of these two months ago. If I did it again I would weld them on because tapping the holes was a pain and the frame rail isn't that thick. Maybe three to four threads thick. But then again, just traded the jeep and I just unbolted them. Choose you adventure. They are nice though.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the write up Eddie. I purchased a set of these for my 2 door about a month ago. This will definitely help during installation. :thumbs:

12-mile

Thanks for another great write up!
I finally ordered a set of these last night and can't wait to start installing them

r1owner

Has anyone had issues getting access to drill the two bottom holes on the passenger side? On my JKU, the gas tank skid plate sticks out far enough to prevent me from drilling the holes on the bottom of the frame. I really don't want to have to drop the gas tank to drill those. :(

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Has anyone had issues getting access to drill the two bottom holes on the passenger side? On my JKU, the gas tank skid plate sticks out far enough to prevent me from drilling the holes on the bottom of the frame. I really don't want to have to drop the gas tank to drill those. :(

I just did this a week ago and didn't have any issues drilling the holes. I did have to persuade the skid plate down so that the mounting flange of the slider could sit against the frame. The rear mount wouldn't sit flush against the frame because the gap between the skid plate and frame was too small. I pried down the lip of the skid plate to slide the slider in. I don't have a picture to clear it up. Don't know if that helps.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
The 4" bolts go through a pre existing hole in the frame on the forward mounts. I had to download the instructions off of their website.

Top Bottom