LoD Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited Signature Series Rock Sliders Installation Write-Up

WJCO

Meme King
I put them on. Think I'm going to have them welded.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I welded about an inch on each bracket side and about half inch on the bottom parts ( other than the brackets with the factory bolts). I figure that's plenty with the way the OEM bolts already hold them on so well. That way if I do have to cut them off it won't be as much work. My wife and I can both jump on them at the same time and they don't move.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I welded about an inch on each bracket side and about half inch on the bottom parts ( other than the brackets with the factory bolts). I figure that's plenty with the way the OEM bolts already hold them on so well. That way if I do have to cut them off it won't be as much work. My wife and I can both jump on them at the same time and they don't move.

That's exactly what I had done. It cost a whopping $20. Now I just have to spray a little rattle can paint on the welds.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Bumping this thread to ask, do these fit with the Evo Mfg high clearance long arms? I've seen them on Moby with the Evo long arms, but wanted to check if they fit out of the box, or if it requires cutting off and relocating the aft mounting leg of the LoD sliders. Thanks.

Robertcrav

Figured this would be the place to ask, I'm ordering these this week, and had a question about the installation, if I'm going to have them welded on, should the skid plate bolt below the slider tab in this step?
DSC07993.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Figured this would be the place to ask, I'm ordering these this week, and had a question about the installation, if I'm going to have them welded on, should the skid plate bolt below the slider tab in this step?

I would talk to LoD. This write-up was done a long time ago and it's possible they've made changes to the design. If it's the same, I would still do the install like this but only loosely so that you can still slip the skid in between the bracket the frame rail. If you don't do this, the rocker guard will not look level.

WJCO

Meme King

I would talk to LoD. This write-up was done a long time ago and it's possible they've made changes to the design. If it's the same, I would still do the install like this but only loosely so that you can still slip the skid in between the bracket the frame rail. If you don't do this, the rocker guard will not look level.

We welded ours and I think we did just like Eddie said. During the install, we realized it would only work one way. I'll get a picture shortly.

WJCO

Meme King
Awesome, thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Ours is a 2011. It looks different than that picture. But both spots where the OEM skids are, the skids go between the frame and the slider tab. On the spots where the skids are, LOD makes the brackets with more clearance space at those locations for that reason. Like Eddie said, if you tried to do it the other way, the slider wouldn't sit parallel with the Jeep tub. Also, we did a tcase service way after the slider install, and pivoting the tcase skid out of the way was not an issue, very easy even though it was pinched between the slider and frame.

0814171115.jpg

0814171117.jpg

atx

I'm installing these on a 2017 JKU and will note a couple updates:

I mounted the LODs below the transmission crossmember tabs on both the front and middle LOD brackets.

On the front driver's side bracket, the LOWER hole is the one that goes through the frame, but the rear brake lines are in the way on the inside side of frame, so I couldn't use that bolt.

On the passenger side rear bracket, the fuel tank skid plate interfered and I had to grind it down to allow the rear bracket to fit to the frame.

Top Bottom