New 34" MTR's, no lift, flat fenders.

MobyJR

Looks great!
I'm curious to see how it looks if you decide to bed line some of the exterior. Keep us updated!

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Will do. Ill definitely put up pics if I do it. I've got all the stuff I need. Just working so f$@"ing much lately I don't have the time lol

FrankenJeeper

Will do. Ill definitely put up pics if I do it. I've got all the stuff I need. Just working so f$@"ing much lately I don't have the time lol

I know what ya mean brother. My last job I was working so much I didn't do anything but sleep. Finally said the heck with it and went for a better job.

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

MobyJR

Here's a few more pics I just took.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362439820.199495.jpg
Front bumper. I drilled a hole and threw a nut and bold on each side to hold the plastic to the bumper.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362439870.140997.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362439889.973158.jpg
The tolerances or gaps between the pinch seam and the rear bumper (just to put things in perspective.)
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362439976.847370.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362439996.440433.jpg
View from front.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362440023.686135.jpg

MobyJR

I know what ya mean brother. My last job I was working so much I didn't do anything but sleep. Finally said the heck with it and went for a better job.

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

I've got 3 months till my contracts up then I'm outta here lol

FrankenJeeper

Fort Campbell ky. Infantryman in the 101st.

I salute you brother, along with all service men/women. I worked at Anniston Army Depot for 4 years building parts for M1's, Stryker's and AR-15's. I've seen the vehicles inbound that have been blown up and I salute anyone who lays their life on the line so we can keep jeepin back home.

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

MobyJR

Thank you I appreciate it. Yeah those trucks are built pretty damn good, but damn they just keep building bigger IED's. I have quite a few friends still with me because of the Stryker.

FrankenJeeper

Thank you I appreciate it. Yeah those trucks are built pretty damn good, but damn they just keep building bigger IED's. I have quite a few friends still with me because of the Stryker.

I worked for 6 months in phase 3 inspection on the Stryker line, so my crew was the last to touch it before DCMA bought it back and it shipped off. We drove the piss out of them trying to find weak points. We could have the trucks anywhere from a few days to a month finding things and fixing them. Funniest thing I've ever done was driving one around the test track wide open haha

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

MobyJR

Yeah they aren't too fast lol we hardly dealt with strikers though mostly walked or used MRAPS. I would've loved having Strykers. My other favorite truck was the MATV. But those didn't do so great in explosions. But I think the 12.9 liter cat engine and straight pipes scared the Taliban :)

FrankenJeeper

Yeah they aren't too fast lol we hardly dealt with strikers though mostly walked or used MRAPS. I would've loved having Strykers. My other favorite truck was the MATV. But those didn't do so great in explosions. But I think the 12.9 liter cat engine and straight pipes scared the Taliban :)

Them cat engines are stout! The transmission is big as the engine tho lol. My crew were the only ones in phase 3 that could swap a jake brake in less than an hour without pulling the power pack haha. The good ole days of 14 hours a day haha. I don't miss em

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

MobyJR

Neither will I man! Well I oughta thank you to seeing that my platoon alone probably sent at least 3 RG31's home and a handful of maxxpro's and other stuff too lol

FrankenJeeper

Neither will I man! Well I oughta thank you to seeing that my platoon alone probably sent at least 3 RG31's home and a handful of maxxpro's and other stuff too lol

I appreciate it brother, but you guys in uniform deserve the thanks.

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

ssh6314

I chopped the bumper exactly like the write up on this site I think it was "homemade stubby bumper".
If you don't do that there would be some rubbing on that fake plastic skid plate upfront.

You won't regret taking off the rear bumper. Great look. Especially with the EVO rears

Sent from my EVO-3d using WAYALIFE app.

Attachments

• 1362445204169.jpg
    1362445204169.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 152
  • 1362445233032.jpg
    1362445233032.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 152
  • 1362445255977.jpg
    1362445255977.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 154

JKBANDIT55

Very nice!!! Your rig is looking good! Those are my favorite tires! I was going to go with those in 35s but decided duratracs were the smart thing to do as I live in Colorado and snow is a factor!

MobyJR

Very nice!!! Your rig is looking good! Those are my favorite tires! I was going to go with those in 35s but decided duratracs were the smart thing to do as I live in Colorado and snow is a factor!

Thank you! im loving them so far. All my buddies that run duratracs like em a lot.
Are they better in the snow than the MTR's?

Top Bottom