New 34" MTR's, no lift, flat fenders.

JK1

Update!!! Some rubbing going on now in the back. I can't find where though.

i would say rear bumper or pinch seam.. i would cut the pinch seam just to get it out of the way just my .02....take the rear bumper off for the day its like 6 bolts and see if there is any rubbing that would tell ya...

it looks badass thou :beer:

MobyJR

To be honest, I absolutely hate it. If you buy one, buy an expensive one. I constantly have to re-tighten the thing cause it vibrates. Then when I need to use the jack I have to keep track of like 4 washers and a Wingnut and bolt, and the spinny piece at the top. I mounted it exactly as the directions said to, then my tailgate blew open and the jack cracked my tail light. Bad product. Rugged Ridge I think.

FrankenJeeper

To be honest, I absolutely hate it. If you buy one, buy an expensive one. I constantly have to re-tighten the thing cause it vibrates. Then when I need to use the jack I have to keep track of like 4 washers and a Wingnut and bolt, and the spinny piece at the top. I mounted it exactly as the directions said to, then my tailgate blew open and the jack cracked my tail light. Bad product. Rugged Ridge I think.

I had looked at many hi lift mounts and that one caught my eye. I'm wanting to either make one for the gate like yours or make one for the hood.

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MobyJR

I've been glad before that I didn't put it on the hood. Like when it's caked in mud and heavy I think my hood would be a little scratched or dented. I think there are nicer tailgate mounts available.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I had the same mount and it rattled like crazy but that may have been a mod I did to the jack which didnt work exactly like planned, just removed it tho after getting a tire carrier

SGTGunner

First of all, nice Jeep dude. I wore the Eagle on both shoulders while I was in.

If you dont like your jack mount much, a quick $10 solution would be 2x 2 1/4" exhaust clamps.

2013-03-11122127_zps87de3252.jpg
2013-03-11122148_zpsdb800efb.jpg
2013-03-11122158_zpsbb2aa351.jpg

Replace one nut on each clamp with a wing nut for easier removal and all is good. Secure, out of the weather/mud, ect, and cheap. Run a cable lock through it and around the roll bar for security if ya like.

OJK12

I thought I'd give another option for the Hi-Lift mount. I too used the exhaust clamps but I used a piece of angle iron that stretched across the exhaust clamps and then drilled two holes on the angle iron put a bolt at each end and slid the jack onto the bolts then used wing nuts and washer to attach the jack. That way you don't need tools to remove it. I still only had $20 in the whole setup. Just another option I thought I'd throw out there.

Top Bottom