Cobra 75 vs. Cobra 29

Beyrgut

Not sure if anyone else had an issue with the Strike Force mount and mirror, but with the fancy one that's in my 2013 Sahara it did not work. I ended up removing the rear view mirror and will probably replace it with a generic one if I feel the need for one. The reality is I can't see past the tire anyway so it was an easy decision to remove it.

JK-JOHN-E

Not sure if anyone else had an issue with the Strike Force mount and mirror, but with the fancy one that's in my 2013 Sahara it did not work. I ended up removing the rear view mirror and will probably replace it with a generic one if I feel the need for one. The reality is I can't see past the tire anyway so it was an easy decision to remove it.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394401402.783089.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394401415.765868.jpg
No issues with mine. Mine is a 2012 Bill

Last edited:

Nazeron

Does the cb happen to rub on anything or is it completely secure?
Also, how did you run the antenna wire and power wire?

JK-JOHN-E

Does the cb happen to rub on anything or is it completely secure?
Also, how did you run the antenna wire and power wire?

No rubbing, it is totally secure. Ran the ant. wire to passenger side, via roll bar and out thru the tailgate. Hope this helps you out

Beyrgut

Yeah with mine the bottom of the CB sat just below the trim at the top of the mirror so it would not line up to the mount. I think the mirrors (mine) with the lights/electronics are a little bigger than a standard mirror. If I feel the need for a rear-view again I'll find an elcheapo replacement mirror :yup:.

StrizzyChris

My father got me a Cobra 29 LX LCD CB for Christmas this year. He's a trucker and lives on his CB every day of the week and said this would be the best for my uses. I think that says a lot for the vote of confidence for a 29.

Panda

Yeah with mine the bottom of the CB sat just below the trim at the top of the mirror so it would not line up to the mount. I think the mirrors (mine) with the lights/electronics are a little bigger than a standard mirror. If I feel the need for a rear-view again I'll find an elcheapo replacement mirror :yup:.

I have the fancy mirror the EZ mount works fine with the mirror, it mounts the cb in front of the mirrror

Sent from bad apples...

SarahLu

I love my 29 thanks to moochie for helping my girl get me the right cb for my bday! I can hear truckers talking 10 mi away with a 3 ft tailgate mounted fire stick! View attachment 70797

I just got my 29 and didn't expect it to be so big, but it looks good in this pic so I'm sure I'll be happy once I install it. Already installed the zebra strike force mount, just gotta get some cable and get to work!

Panda

I love my 29 thanks to moochie for helping my girl get me the right cb for my bday! I can hear truckers talking 10 mi away with a 3 ft tailgate mounted fire stick! View attachment 70797

I just got my 29 and didn't expect it to be so big, but it looks good in this pic so I'm sure I'll be happy once I install it. Already installed the zebra strike force mount, just gotta get some cable and get to work!

Really once you get it mounted you'll hardly notice it's there

Sent from bad apples...

Top Bottom