How can one determine what lift was installed

LGPow2006

I purchased my 09 JK used. I know it has a lift installed and recently found the information for determining how "high" (will do that when I go home from work today).

I know it has a lift because there are mechanical sway bar disconnects in the front and a "non - normal" looking extension on the rear sway bar (for sure not a garage fab job). The shocks are not stock but do not have any marking that I can tell... I have never installed a lift myself (or even purchased one for that matter). When I start looking into the parts listings in the catalogs I am pretty much at a loss :thinking: for what parts may or may not have been installed as part of the lift.

Short of taking the rig into a retailer (say 4WD for example they are 3 hrs away) that knows JK and lifts is there anyway for me to determine what I inherited (lol)? I try to inspect everything that you guys post about this brand or that brand having issues etc... but really want to try and figure out if I have a cheep crappy lift I should look to replace or a good quality one that I can trust for long term. (very happy with look and ride at this point).

Shocks are white with blue boots on them if that makes any difference to anyone.

I dont know what pictures would help... but will post as requested if I can get a better idea of what you need to see to help

Hodgeman

I purchased my 09 JK used. I know it has a lift installed and recently found the information for determining how "high" (will do that when I go home from work today).

I know it has a lift because there are mechanical sway bar disconnects in the front and a "non - normal" looking extension on the rear sway bar (for sure not a garage fab job). The shocks are not stock but do not have any marking that I can tell... I have never installed a lift myself (or even purchased one for that matter). When I start looking into the parts listings in the catalogs I am pretty much at a loss :thinking: for what parts may or may not have been installed as part of the lift.

Short of taking the rig into a retailer (say 4WD for example they are 3 hrs away) that knows JK and lifts is there anyway for me to determine what I inherited (lol)? I try to inspect everything that you guys post about this brand or that brand having issues etc... but really want to try and figure out if I have a cheep crappy lift I should look to replace or a good quality one that I can trust for long term. (very happy with look and ride at this point).

Shocks are white with blue boots on them if that makes any difference to anyone.

I dont know what pictures would help... but will post as requested if I can get a better idea of what you need to see to help

Take a measurment from the ground to the center of the wheel well, not up inside. Go to your local dealer and measure the difference on a stock vehicle...there's your answer.

LGPow2006

Yes I understand how to determine how much lift I have... I am mostly concerned with what Manufacture of lift... I am pretty sure it is NOT a TF BB but no idea what brand I have

LGPow2006

No worries. Just really the only way for anyone not standing in front of your jeep to tell.

The one picture that was too large was of the front sway bar disconnect. Basically it is the same design as the rear stuff just with a D-ring type pin to allow for easy disconnection.

I can find no manufactures marks on anything.

I did measure it as per Eddies posted diagram at 2 in... may be a bit of compression now since I added a heavier bumper and winch already.

If not able to determine from this PM me and I will send a phone number so maybe you can talk me through what exactly you need. :beer:

Attachments

• IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0177.jpg
    IMG_0177.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0178.jpg
    IMG_0178.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0180.jpg
    IMG_0180.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0181.jpg
    IMG_0181.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0182.jpg
    IMG_0182.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 67

FoxC

In the second pic your rear swaybar is flipped. The swaybar ends should run horizontal to the ground + or minus 5 degrees. The swaybar links should be vertical.

LGPow2006

In the second pic your rear swaybar is flipped. The swaybar ends should run horizontal to the ground + or minus 5 degrees. The swaybar links should be vertical.

:doh: Guess I will have to fix that. That was the thing that made me start digging into what lift I had cause it just seemed odd looking to me and odd usually means somethings up. Thanks for that info FoxC.

Now if I can determine what kind of lift I will have learned even more.

LGPow2006

Once again Thanks to you both... and to Eddie as well. Never thought owning a Jeep would make me part of such a great community as this. Hopefully someday I will be able to pay it forward with helping someone else in need.

:beer: to all

FoxC

Once again Thanks to you both... and to Eddie as well. Never thought owning a Jeep would make me part of such a great community as this. Hopefully someday I will be able to pay it forward with helping someone else in need.

:beer: to all
Happy to help out. Its hard to tell what brand it might be. But, if your happy with the ride, well...thats all that really matters.;)

LGPow2006

Front was disconnected....almost always forget to reconnect when I get to pavement

Sent from my iPad using Wayalife Mobile instead of working on or wheeling
my Jeep

LGPow2006

:doh: Guess I will have to fix that. That was the thing that made me start digging into what lift I had cause it just seemed odd looking to me and odd usually means somethings up. Thanks for that info FoxC.

Now if I can determine what kind of lift I will have learned even more.

Fixed....now it looks normal to this electrician. Lol.

my Jeep

ninjajmoney

If I had to guess, I would say you have a pro comp. I say that because of the white shocks and because of the front bump stops.

LGPow2006

Well a guess is better than not knowing. I guess now that I have addressed the weirdness of the rear sway bar it is not really going to matter. Thanks for your response

my Jeep

Top Bottom